• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 XTX 20 miles WTF???????????????

If Yamaha won't cover the replacement a-arm, keep in mind that the Nytro MTX a-arms are a different length due to the narrower stance. Keep an eye on Ebay, otherwise you may have to bend over at the dealership.... :o| I had to buy the upper and lower last year for my XTX- just a bit over $600 for the pair.... (f$*&kn' tree...) At least the subframe is ok.

Dealer called today, sounds like after conversation with the local tech Yamaha has ok'd them to fix it under warrenty! Out fu$%ng standing! I really did not think that they would, Tech stated to Yammy that they could not find any evidence of my sled taking a hit. Too be honest I am really glad Yamaha is going to take care of it, I buy a new sled every couple years and I would have had a hard time buying another new one from them. Now I just wait till the parts come, should be ready by Friday. :yam:

That's great to hear, congrats!
Are they installing the updated 2010 subframe?

Grimm said:
That's great to hear, congrats!
Are they installing the updated 2010 subframe?

I hope so cause we all know the 09 is just a flimsy as the 08, my lower a arm is straight still however the subframe is tweaked, i dont want to go buy a 2010 subframe and have it bend aswell where if i fix the 09 myself i know it will end up as strong as it can be in the space allowed.

I should hope they fix it with 20 miles on it something had to be wrong somewhere unless its 20 miles of racing! good news all around!

I hit my left spindle HARD last year,Almost knocked me off the sled and the spindle is gouged. After knowing I bent it from everything I hear on here i get off and nothing. I can't believe it wasn't bent. Then people on here say how they bend theirs so easy. It doesn't make sense to me. ( I am not calling anyone a lair just stating my experience )

The only answer I can come up with is the way you exhert the force. The bottom gusset plate looks really similar on how they wrinkle when they bend.

Two weeks ago I hit a frozen log that was in the trail but on the side .I was doing about forty I thought for sure something was going to be bent the sound it made when i hit it was so loud. but nothing , then the next day I had to go over a pine tree that had fall in the path going up a hill that I had broken trail on, I had no choice . same thing no damage . and i hit it hard , of course I got off and checked right away. go figure. when in doubt hammer down. :-o

Got my sled back , Yamaha was true to thier word and fixed it under warrenty. Get this the Rep told me that he thinks that the arm was bent during shipping, he said he has seen instances where an inexperinced fork lift operator can hit the front of the crate the wrong way and hit the spindle just right causing the arm to bend. Anyway I am psyched, put 55 miles on last night and sled went great! Thanks for the support guys! :yam:

XTX Kory said:
Got my sled back , Yamaha was true to thier word and fixed it under warrenty. Get this the Rep told me that he thinks that the arm was bent during shipping, he said he has seen instances where an inexperinced fork lift operator can hit the front of the crate the wrong way and hit the spindle just right causing the arm to bend. Anyway I am psyched, put 55 miles on last night and sled went great! Thanks for the support guys! :yam:

glad to hear you are all fixed up, did you get the subframe replaced or just the a arm?

Glad to hear the rep and dealer came through for you. That was my experience as well, only I made it all the way to 37 miles the first time.

UNFORTUNATELY you are now cursed to forever stop and check the spacing of the shocks between the A-arms EVERY time you walk past the sled. You will try to resist, but you will not be able to. Trust me on that. ;)!

On the positive side, you have experienced extreme disappointment with a really expensive toy, and overall, things turned out OK. The next time it will be less "WTF" and more "whatever".

Back