• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1.5 Ripsaw Track on 06 Apex GT ?

msatow

Extreme
Anyone out their know what heigth track can be put on the Apex GT without any modifications. I would like to go with a 1.5 Ripsaw. And I have read in the forums that removing the tunnel protector will help with ice build-up. But will the tunnel loose any strength if its removed ?
Thanks in advance guys this is a great place of knowledge for a new Yamaha owner. :rocks:

Don't know what to say. I have 2,200 miles on mine (1.5") and she looks like brand new. Granted if I had my way I would like more of a stiff lug paddle for how and where I ride. But there is nothing that I have personally witnessed to say the Ripsaw is a piece of crap. All tracks break or tear pieces of lug. Even the 9818's I ran. How can you know what's under the snow when you nail it? Loose Snow isn't tearing off the lugs.

I will reword my question. Will any track thats 1.5" in height fit in the Apex GT without any mods to the sled. Thanks again.

msatow said:
I will reword my question. Will any track thats 1.5" in height fit in the Apex GT without any mods to the sled. Thanks again.
Sorry about that. Yes it does fit. I did remove my front protectors because It was close. The top ones are a judgement call. They are close @ the upper idler wheels. I did not remove the top protectors on mine and have had no problems.

I put on a 1.6 camoplast track that had notches cut out for heat exchanger protectors. fits right on ,no mods of any kind on a 06 Attak. Just find a track( most Arctic cats in the late 90's used them) that has the notches cut and away you go.

Superman said:
msatow said:
Sorry about that. Yes it does fit. I did remove my front protectors because It was close. The top ones are a judgement call. They are close @ the upper idler wheels. I did not remove the top protectors on mine and have had no problems.

I know this is old and I'm not trying to run multiple posts on my related topic, but a search revealed almost exactly the info I was seeking right here...the rear protectors are not structural, this is good.

I just need a bit more clarification on the front protectors. They need to be simply cut off with a cut-off wheel or something similar, correct? Mine are welded on as I assume all are. Anyone see any long-term problems with this if I cut 'em off? I sorta like the idea of pulling parts in my never-ending quest for less weight....but not at the expense of performance/protection or reliability.

Back