• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1.5" Track on Attak

Anti-ratchets are another term for extroverts. I would look at hartmans skid relocation kit for a better approach angle so you would not trench as bad in dep snow.

Tom hasn't done much with the Attak for relocation for the skid. I talked with him last week about doing it for a 144 Attak and it can be done. New relocation brackets for the rear mount and rear wheel brackets must be made. A lot of work for approach angle, I was all about it until I looked it over real good. Tom also made mention, the skid must be set in perfect. A quarter of a inch off and parts and hundreds baby! For a 135 Attak put on some antiratchet drivers and a Intense. It will move some snow.

Ripsaw sucks. I put a 1.5 on my sled last winter, and it's coming off this fall. Fine for trail, but won't do squat in powder. Going to a 07 Polaris IQ 440 race track. Should do a lot better.

Tal said:
Next week I start my 2007 Attak mods - going with a 2" track and extending it from 136 to 144. Lots of powder where I ride and there are no groomed trails. Last year as soon as I hit more than 1-2 ft of powder the rear end sink like a tank. I'm replacing the skis too - my head is spinning trying to figure out which ones to go with, but I'm about 90% decided on the Powderhounds with bergstrom triple points. I bought the anti-ratcheting drivers from Hartman too - is that not as good as going with extroverts?

Not sure why you would spend the extra cash for triple points if all you do is powder riding? These are intended for hard packed trails for added traction while turning the skis. It's all about the ski when in the deep.

I agree. I'd say I do about 75% powder, but there's usually a packed ungroomed trail to get to it. The darting on packed snow and rivers make my attak almost un-rideable. It's crazy how much this thing darts around.

My latest thought is sticking with the Apex Mtn skis and installing Woody doolys.

I was looking into doing the approach angle mod on my Attak. TO do it right and make it work, I figure I would have to make a template . The template is no big deal, but 2 sets of brackets will have to be made to relocate the rear 2 bolt locations. This could be done, but would take some time. I would have a friend of mine CNC the 2 rear sets of brackets. Its hard to explain unless you can look at it. If people are interested in doing this I will spend the time to do it and have the brackets designed and machined. The cost to do it right is easier to swallow if more than one set of brackets gets designed and machined.

look at your Attak and you will see what I mean.

yeah, thats what I was thinking of doing. It would take the approach angle down quite a bit. I'll look into making the brackets a bit more this week. Other wise I was going to bolt on the rail extensions.

Look at it and let me know if your interested I'll give it more thought and start work on it if you want to go that way!

Back