• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1) TY Sled Build Intro!!

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
Totallyamaha will be receiving a crashed 06 Apex RTX from www.Crankyape.com (online source for bank repo and insurance repairable RVs, Cycles, ATVs, Sleds and more) for a documented rebuild. The entire process will be documented and shown in this forum from tearing down the sled to the chassis and doing a complete build up. We will attempt to acquire only advertiser’s parts to do this build. All advertisers would have recognition and/or plugs in the forum for anything they contribute. Once the build was complete the sled would go with Totallyamaha to all rides and snow shows for on going promotion. Also the build documented process would be added in htm code on the site for a static exposure in our Product Reviews area indefinitely. If there are any Vendors for Yamaha Parts, Track, Studs, Carbides, Skis, Super Charger or Turbo, After Market Suspensions, Exhaust and or front suspension components’ that we should contact or that would like to get involved please do so. I really feel this will be a fun project and a awesome opportunity for Vendors to show off their products.

We are hoping to be able to complete the build over the summer months before the season kicks off.

Also I will be looking into a few Sled Magazines (SnoGoer, Supertrax…) to see if they would be interested in following the build or document the process after its complete.

So far I have received interest from Yamaha USA, Mountain Performance, Ulmer Racing, Curve Skis, Excell Performance, Port Washington Yamaha , ArcticFX Graphics and Team Fast.

Attachments

• 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 825
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 831
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 826
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 836
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 838
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 831
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 844
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 812
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 833
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 834
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 820
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 843
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 840
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 827
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 900
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 855

Great Idea Tom!

BPE will donate a louvered inspection plate and gauge pod with FJO temperature & wideband gauges installed.

If this ends up having a turbo on it, we'll kick in a hood scoop as well.

If the sled needs any engine work, I'll donate my labor at n/c.

Bringing it to Hayday's??

Thanks Guys!!! Yes Jim this sled will go to Hay Days and I welcome all Vendor Products.

I have spoken with Jordan at Arctic FX Grahpics and we will be needing all venodr logos as well....

I am really excited ;)!

Great idea,

I think many of us will follow this with great interest. FUN :jump:

How about an auction after 1 year of exposure on line and riding at TY events, Heydays, Sled shows etc and the $ goes to a Charity organization of the Ty users choice by poll.
:rocks:

Then can be deducted from taxes I believe.
Any financial cpa types can let us know I am sure.

Maybe more complicated than its worth, but it lets many be invloved.

Yamadoo

I assume you will be compiling/posting a list of parts required to get it up and running again. I'll look for it and see what else I might have around here that I can send you. I know for sure I have an airbox and gas tank if there's anything wrong with the ones on it.

Thanks Gwinn!!

Jim, I will have a list of stuff I will be on need of, but a lot of it is already in the works... if anyone has anything that would like to add, lets talk here or please pm me.

Once I really get in to the sled tearing it apart, then I will post more at that time.

I sure will Jim. We for sure want your gauge assembly and if we get that super charger from Mountain Performance, that would be a must have.

Back