• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

10 tooth drive sprocket for Sidewinder

Shawano ZR

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 ZR7000
I have a 2017 tuned Sidewinder and am looking to put a 10 tooth front drive sprocket on it. Does anyone know where I can buy these? I would really like to get an intro/extrovert drive version as my sled keeps spitting clips off the track. TIA.

10 tooth 2.86 is a huge driver but available . Hurricane either will have them or can get them

I'm not sure you'll have much clearance. We run 9 tooth 3.0 drivers on my 174 Hypersports Promod and you have to be careful. A 10 tooth 2.86 will be 1.86" bigger.

I've also never spit clips of anything, there are bigger issues going on.

I put a 2.86 10 tooth avid intro, extro on mine. I would not recommend it, no clearence and had to modify front of rails to not hit driver

IT can done, but yeah not much clearance

I have a 2017 tuned Sidewinder and am looking to put a 10 tooth front drive sprocket on it. Does anyone know where I can buy these? I would really like to get an intro/extrovert drive version as my sled keeps spitting clips off the track. TIA.
Is it stock?
I've never seen anyone post about an issue like this here on TY. This chassis/engine configuration was born in 2017. You'd think if this was going to be a problem, we should have heard about it by now? How far out are your limiter straps? Arctic Cat had a warning in the service manual to NOT lengthen limiter straps. Are the rounded plastic rail ends good and in place? Did someone re-clip the track and not do a good job? Is rail mounted in the correct holes? Should be the rear-most hole in front. Something is amiss if it's spitting out clips.

The chassis is stock, limiter straps have not been lengthened, track was not re-clipped as far as I can tell. Motor is not stock, running about 290hp.

I'd continue to investigate. I'm running 315 HP and have never spit a clip. Same for 2 of my friends.
traps have not been lengthened. Are they set at stock length? Are clips worn out, ie super thin due to wear?

Last edited:
I'd continue to investigate. I'm running 315 HP and have never spit a clip. Same for 2 of my friends.
traps have not been lengthened. Are they set at stock length? Are clips worn out, ie super thin due to wear?
315 on pump gas ?

I'll have to examine the clips more thoroughly when I drag it out of the trailer this weekend. Was going to get a clip tool and re-clip missing ones. Does anyone have a recommendation on which clip tool / clips to buy? I really want a decent one as this whole thing started when a clip came loose on the first day of my last trip last season and took out that damn-hard-to-get-at short coolant hose that connects the cooler in the tunnel. Spent 5 hours in the trailer fixing it while everyone else was riding.

Back