• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

100watt lights on grizz

rupezx

can anyone tell me if the grizzly stator will hold up to 100watt off road lights or does anyone run them ..or just the 55 watt ones thanks for any info

I would like to run another set of lights for plowing snow....I wonder how much to put on and where to hook in...hmmm

The PIAA lights listed above go in place of the factory headlamp bulbs. I'm sure The Speed Shop or Port Parts sell these. As far as aftermarket.....I'm guessing about 130-140 bucks for the pair and where is that aux lighting coil....not a clue. I was just told about it,not shown. I'll see if I can find out. Maybe someone here knows?

100 watt lights

the 55 watt lights are your best bet i have 100 and cannot run them for extended periods of time or will drain battery.

I added a set of 55w driving lights I found discounted at Wally world-boy did that brighten the world up!!!!! I tapped in behind the headlight and have them coming on with the brights ;)!

Just FYI, 55watts = 4.3 amps.
I think adding 2 / 100watts would stress the OEM charging system
I'm working on a HID conversion kit

Just buy a set of driving lights at kmart, walmart and tap into a hot wire.... I think I had $20 invested and they only come on with the brights...

I would caution anyone with any ATV, NOT to use more than a single "pair" of 55 watt lights at any time.

110 watts of "additional" electrical load to the normal night riding load is running at the limit of practical risk.

Side Note #1:
Use of any winch "while" any ATV is running can result in an overloaded charging system under certain circumstances. I advise against it. Use the winch for a time, then start up and recharge for a timem. Cycle between winching and re-charging. I have seen expensive failures many times from this.

Side Note #2:
If you are one of the unfortunate souls who have purchased and installed the "ProCom Rectifier/Regulator" aftermarket module, don't even plan on using the OEM lighting without the risk of failure and a long walk.

Grizzhopper, I need to add some plowing lights for the Grizz, what do you recommend...I can see at night when the plow is up...the rubber flap is tall :mad:

I would install a set of "independantly controlled" lights (not over about 120 watts total). Off road or tractor lights are constructed a bit more durable.

Mount and wire them to the plow or its brackets, high up enough to be able to see. Then when you hook up to the plow, you can just plug in that dedicated set of lights and run WITHOUT the OEM lights. Since they are not doing any good with the plow on, why run them at all?

I would select a set of lights that have a replaceable halogen bulb. They are inexpensive and widely available.

The flood style light pattern would be better for this type of use than a spot or oval beam.

:D

Back