• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

121 1.5 paddle with studs..

PerrySimon

Hello all, I'm new to the 4 stroke side. I got a 07 phazer and want to upgrade my track to a 1.5 paddle staying with a 121 but also want to stud. I could not seam to find any post with this info of needed tunnel protectors and studs..... What would all need to be done. Thanks

if you are going to stud the track you will need to add tunnel protectors, and i assume your going to use the freeride track. Also please fill out your location

Sorry about location, I'm from sudbury. So I'll be more specific with going to a freeride style and studs I understand about the tunnel protectors any specific stile and what about clearance do I need to drop new drives in or is there clearance as it is..... I'm sure someone has done this upgrade just need tips and tricks to make my life easier

Do you really think you need studs? Those are going to be some long studs. I personally would not stud an 1.5" lug track because of stud pull thru concerns and the added weight.

G.B.

The freeride track will fit with no modification and I don't think anyone has studded the freeride here

PerrySimon said:
Ok thanks, I'll keep optimistic and hope someone has done one with studs

I still think you are asking for trouble by studding a Freeride. You are looking for studs as you ride on a lot of frozen lakes. It is a double edge sword. Sliding or spinning the track on the ice is also going to create the opportunity to bend or rip the studs out of the track becasue of their length. Like others have said, I would ride the sled with the new Freeride track first without studs and see how it goes.

G.B.

All right, if I go with the free ride I won't stud it. But in comparison factory track with studs and the free ride what's your opinions.

Freeride without a doubt. Dont kid yourself thin enough snow on well frozen lakes and rivers is very rare and never lasts long before either the snow is deep enough the studs dont matter or the ice is unsafe.

perry, i've went thru your experience. stock w/studs vs. 1.5".

it is an absolute difference in hook-up.
hands down you won't regret not doing studs, plus you save some $

perry, i've went thru your experience. stock w/studs vs. 1.5".

it is an absolute difference in hook-up.
hands down you won't regret not doing studs, plus you save some $

Old post, but I just picked up a 2012 Phazer RTX 121" with a studded stock track. I have always run 96 studs for trail riding to deal with icy conditions and I have been happy with that, but I am afraid this shallow lug 1" track with studs is going to be awful in any kind of loose snow. I am leaning toward a 1.5" track so I don't immediately bury the sled if I hop off trail. Is anyone actually running studs with a 1.5" track or should I just move to the 1.5" and call it a day? Thanks!

Old post, but I just picked up a 2012 Phazer RTX 121" with a studded stock track. I have always run 96 studs for trail riding to deal with icy conditions and I have been happy with that, but I am afraid this shallow lug 1" track with studs is going to be awful in any kind of loose snow. I am leaning toward a 1.5" track so I don't immediately bury the sled if I hop off trail. Is anyone actually running studs with a 1.5" track or should I just move to the 1.5" and call it a day? Thanks!
I never needed studs on Phazer. The Freeride was best mod ever did to it. Icy corners are fun with Phazer. Let’s you hang it out when otherwise it won’t happen much since so much traction.

Back