• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

121" rails for better aproach angle??

Kråkan

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Anyone try making a set of rails that would lower the approach angle? Would it be possible?

Imo my Nytro is digging in the snow alot more than my cusins IQ.. And i mean ALOT!!! The Iq seems to float ontop of the snow. Although the Lynx PPS is not as good as the IQ in the snow it way is better than my -08 RTX.

I bet the FAT runningboards help provide this since they are like riding with the parkingbrake on in the snow.. Is the -09 SE better of trail than the -08?

Kråkan said:
Anyone try making a set of rails that would lower the approach angle? Would it be possible?
The approach angle of the ProActive skid (found in RS Vector, for instance) is slightly more shallow.
But I do not think that you will be able to just bolt these rails in.

Kråkan said:
Imo my Nytro is digging in the snow alot more than my cusins IQ.. And i mean ALOT!!! The Iq seems to float ontop of the snow. Although the Lynx PPS is not as good as the IQ in the snow it way is better than my -08 RTX.
I bet the FAT runningboards help provide this since they are like riding with the parkingbrake on in the snow.. Is the -09 SE better of trail than the -08?
Yes. The new tunnel and running board design is clearly better off trail. When using a 121" in deep powder, you kind of have to let it dig down a little bit before you get forward drive. This was extremely difficult with the -08. My feeling was that the -08 was just floating on the huge running boards and kind of never got any decent forward drive.

Wider skis will certainly help also, much better than the stock butter knives.

I have the same problem with my -08 rtx. As long as i got speed it is fun off trail but as soon as I stop it will stuck. I am also thinking that changing the attack angle can be better like on the coming MTX SE. Offcourse will a longer track help

The rail tips are too close to the track exit off the drive wheel.

Even if you shorten them..the track can still catch. maybe if you added wheels to the front. This may be your best option - or direction to head.

I'm not sure - but I think the mountain chassis fix that by changing the tunnel angle...not somthing I have looked at lately.

Or....

You need to lower the front axle to change that.

What I was thinking was a rail with the tips further back witch would make tha aproach angle alittle better.

Kind of mooving the rails backwards without mooving any of the suspension parts. This would make for a more shallow approach angle but might not be possible in regards to all the other components in the skid..

yes..that is your best bet in my opinion.

You would need the front rail arc to stay the same..just move the rails back further...50 mm?

Cut some off the back...redrill the holes.

Back