• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

121" Track options for Phazer RTX in 2021

matty k

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2012 Phazer RTX, 1979 ET340, 1978 ET250
Looking around for a new track for my 2012 RTX it looks like all of the 14" 121 options are discontinued. Except for maybe Camso 9027H which is still on the website but seems out of stock everywhere. Now that we seem to be in a post-phazer world, what's everyone using for tracks? I should mention I'm located in Canada.

I had just about decided on a Freeride 9033C with 1.5" lug before realizing there are none available. I'm riding mostly trails on what I assume is the original 1" track with about 7000km on it. It doesn't hook up that well, doesn't stop that well (very light pressure on the brake will lock up the track), and gets stuck easily off trail. Should I be looking at something more like a 1.25" lug? I don't ride much ice so not planning on studding the track.

I'd like to avoid buying a brand new 15" track just to cut it down, but it's looking more and more like that's the only option if I want new.

Matty K

I think i have a like new 1.5 free ride from phazer. Will take a look

yes still listing freeride on camso site. tried looking for tracks canada but their site is gone. if getting one cut, i would go with an cobra/ice cobra as it will be easyer on slides than the 1.5 lug track.

made an rtx into an xtx with mtx rails and oe 14" x 1.5" x 144" lug as the xtx track from my dealer was cheaper than cutting one down at the time.

i do agree that the stock 1" lug track sucked but it works great on the old air cooled sleds for traction and braking. do wish they had built these sleds with the 15" wide track though.

Sorry buddy I finally got a chance to look at my track and it still looks good.
good luck

yes still listing freeride on camso site. tried looking for tracks canada but their site is gone. if getting one cut, i would go with an cobra/ice cobra as it will be easyer on slides than the 1.5 lug track.

made an rtx into an xtx with mtx rails and oe 14" x 1.5" x 144" lug as the xtx track from my dealer was cheaper than cutting one down at the time.

i do agree that the stock 1" lug track sucked but it works great on the old air cooled sleds for traction and braking. do wish they had built these sleds with the 15" wide track though.
When I search the Camso site all I can see for Phazer is Hacksaw. Searching "Freeride" on the Camso site has zero hits. Lots of retailers still list the Freeride but out of stock.

I'm going to try Tracks USA to see if they have inventory but I would much rather buy in Canada if it all possible. The shipping/duty from USA is a bit ridiculous but if it's the only viable new option for a track with over 1"lug....

The Cobra/ Ice Cobra does look like a good option, it does seem a bit painful to shell out for a brand new track just to cut it down.

Matty K

i know. the cut down path was the way i was headed with mine until i found thet i could still get the 144" track x 1.5" lug cheaper from yamaha than cutting it as i was always going to extend that anyways from 121"

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the short track versions of the Yamaha Vennom/Arctic Cat Blast use a 14 x 121 with a 2.52 pitch ... Should be the same as the Phazer, FWIW.

yes the venom track is 2.52 pitch by 1" lug and 14" wide according to camso site OVR4D, but the stock 1" lug track sucks for traction for braking and acceleration on the phazer already. the 1-1/4"-1-1/2" fixes that issue.

I used to have an RTX that I stretched to a 136 and I put a freeride with 1.5 inch lug on that sled. I only mentioned the fact that the Vennon/Blast use a same size track because it sounded like the original track was in need of replacement and the freeride tracks aren't available. So I was just offer the info as an option in the event a better track could not be found. One other thing I'll mention, although I'm not sure the rules of this forum permit it, is that you could try a place called Snow City (https://snowcitymi.com/product-category/tracks/) ... they usually have a pretty good selection and pricing.

I used to have an RTX that I stretched to a 136 and I put a freeride with 1.5 inch lug on that sled. I only mentioned the fact that the Vennon/Blast use a same size track because it sounded like the original track was in need of replacement and the freeride tracks aren't available. So I was just offer the info as an option in the event a better track could not be found. One other thing I'll mention, although I'm not sure the rules of this forum permit it, is that you could try a place called Snow City (https://snowcitymi.com/product-category/tracks/) ... they usually have a pretty good selection and pricing.
Thanks for the info OVR4D. It does look like the 14x121x1" Hacksaw its still available but after dealing with the stock track on my RTX for a couple of seasons I'd like to go to a larger lug now that it's time for replacement. I've been stuck more times than I care to mention and braking performance is also terrible- the track locks up way too easily, IMO.

I was hoping to find a Freeride in stock somewhere but the word from Tracks USA is they are backordered/out of production until December. I could wait but that's cutting it a bit too close to the start of the season for my liking. Other options suggested by Tracks USA were cut down Predator 1.25" or Intense 1.5" but with the exchange rate, shipping & duty it's looking like ordering from the US is an expensive option (I'm in Canada). So I'm still on the hunt for something, either a dedicated 14" track or buy a 15" and cut it down.

Matty K

Really sucks that there is almost no availability on almost everything these days. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but it just seems like there's been enough time to recover from the effects of the shut down during the pandemic, and so to me it's almost like there's a deliberate effort to cut back the production of goods. Here in the states, motor sports dealers have almost no inventory, and that seems to be true for so many other things as well. Too many people went out and bought toys when they were given permission to "work from home" ... and now we're seeing the results of sourcing the manufacturing of goods to one place in the world. I guess now we truly know where most things are made. Whatever the reason for the shortages, it doesn't look like companies will ramp up production until they're reasonably assured that economic conditions warrant doing so. It's not just about meeting demand. Many companies can't even get people to come back to work, let alone figure out how to navigate the host of new regulations being imposed on their businesses. I'm even hearing that insurance companies (not all, but some) are refusing to write coverage for workers compensation policies unless the employer mandates vaccination for its employees. Imagine being backed into a corner of having to decide whether to require something like a vaccination as a condition of employment, where you potentially could face litigation from your employees for having done so, or not being able to buy insurance unless you do the very thing that could bring on a lawsuit. And that's just one issue ... there are so many more. In light of it all, it's probably going to be quite a while before the consumer sees some signs of normalcy in the marketplace.

Back