• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

128" Track the perfect length??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Srxspec

Ulmer Racing
TY Advertiser
Tech Advisor
Website
www.ulmerracing.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha SR Viper LTX, 2014 Yamaha SR Viper RTX SE, 2015 Yamaha SR Viper MTX SE 162 (turbo), 2015 Yamaha SR Viper MTX SE 153
WEBSITE
www.ulmerracing.com
Everyone who has done any side by side racing this winter on the Apex or Attak knows how important the hook up and holeshot is. It doesn't take anything to spin and lose, simply put. I ordered a 15 x 128 Camoplast Ripsaw track from Tracks USA the other day and finally got it installed today with 154 studs up the middle and 3.5" rail extensions. For anyone thinking about doing this here's some pictures.

Attachments

• RTX 001.jpg
    RTX 001.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 599
  • RTX 002.jpg
    RTX 002.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 704
  • RTX 003.jpg
    RTX 003.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 547
  • RTX 004.jpg
    RTX 004.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 522

nothing hits when bottoms out? gotta let my buddy know, he said he wants more hookup. is the ripswas all they offer for the 128? junkie

Is that the tracks usa extension?

One nice thing about the 128" is most wouldnt ever notice.

I went 136" and coulnt be happier.Only problem is now everyone wants to race from a roll,oh well that works for me too. ;)!

Allen, does stretching it like that change the angle of the track coming over the mono shock? I would think it does and would keep it from coming into contact with the end of the shock?

srxspec,
I may be interested in doing that when my track goes (a few chunks of rubber are gone from track rubbing).
is there any mods to chassy? or just extensions & track?

yamahajunkie said:
nothing hits when bottoms out? gotta let my buddy know, he said he wants more hookup. is the ripswas all they offer for the 128? junkie

junkie, the 1-1/4" Ripsaw is the only track available in 15 x 128 length I believe. Nothing hits when bottoming out,but does get very close to the rear flap. The only time you might see a problem is if you had reverse and were to back up into a snow pile or back up into deeper snow it may grab the flap.

steve 05 RX-1 said:
Is that the tracks usa extension?

Steve, yes Tracks USA rail extensions as well. They are a very high quality and excellent in how they tie into the rail, best extensions I've ever seen!

pknapp said:
How much did the whole package run you?

pknapp, $379 for the track and $99 for the rail extensions and hardware.

MightyWarrior said:
Allen, does stretching it like that change the angle of the track coming over the mono shock? I would think it does and would keep it from coming into contact with the end of the shock?

It changes the angle of the track slightly, but honestly in 550 miles with my 1" Hacksaw track with 144 studs up the middle I didn't have a single mark in the shock. Track tension and how tight you tighten your studs play a major roll.

BA APEX said:
srxspec,
I may be interested in doing that when my track goes (a few chunks of rubber are gone from track rubbing). Is there any mods to chassy? or just extensions & track?

BA APEX, no other modifications. Just rail extensions and the tracks, the chassis is unchanged. The only other mods I have is our Stage 2 clutch kit and 23 tooth top gear.

I did get a chance to ride this about 30 miles yesterday after we were blessed with a skimming of snow and it's GREAT!! The hook up is great!!

Allen,
No :bling :bling yet?? ;)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back