• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

129" vs 146" Single Shot Skid Mounting Locations?

VX1R

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Ordered: 2025 SW LTX-LE Final Edition
Current Riders:
2018 SW LTX-LE
2002 SRX Custom
Rough Trail: 2023 Lynx Xterrian 900TurboR
Vintage Riders:
1980 Enticer 300 Twin
1986 Inviter
1998 Phazer Mt. Lite
1996 Phazer Mt. Lite Mod
I've recently picked up a 146" Single Shot skid that I plan on mounting on a project sled that I'm working on.

Unfortunately I can't find anyone local or a nearby dealer who's got a 146" Apex with the Single Shot skid.

According to the parts diagrams that I've been looking at both the front and rear arms are the same part number on both the 129" and 146" skids, so I'm hoping that both skids use the same mounting locations in the tunnel.

I can use my friends 2018 50th Anniversary 129" Apex to get the skid mounting location providing they're the same as the 146" skid.

If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it.

Cheers!

i can help you out. i will measure my sled in am for you. too cold to do it tonight that is for sure.

i can help you out. i will measure my sled in am for you. too cold to do it tonight that is for sure.

Thanks very much maim, I appreciate it!

I'm not in any hurry so whenever you get a chance will work for me. ;)!

ok. i did during the warm part outside this afternoon (-12c, going to -22c right now). the front shaft mounts 10-1/2" from centre of drive axle. the rear shaft mounts at 37" from centre of drive axle. all that metal was cold, so i might be off a bit but not by much.

Thank you very much maim! :brrr:

I would think there would be holes or rivets in the holes were Yamaha would mount if for a 146 that you can go by using the mounts from Yamaha it would be an easy install. The chassis is the same for both and you can see these options.

Good idea CaptCaper. I'll take a look at my friends tunnel to see if those holes are on the tunnel. Thanks!

I assume you got the OEM mounts that you can riven on or Bolton

I assume you got the OEM mounts that you can riven on or Bolton

Yep....I'll be using the OEM mounting brackets that rivet on the inside of the tunnel. ;)!

You can see in the video were the holes need to be. And the holes for the 129. Apex is the same chassis. The rear platform is longer so you may need to do that.

You can see in the video were the holes need to be. And the holes for the 129. Apex is the same chassis. The rear platform is longer so you may need to do that.

Thanks for the video Capt. That will help out a lot.

Back