• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

136 inch on an FX - do I need tunnel ext.

woolyviper

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha Phazer RTX
Next season I'm going to longtrack my FX. I'm going to use the tracks usa extension and a 136 freeride - question is do I need a tunnel extension to do this. Some say yes some say no.

Do I need to change anything else to keep performance close to the same?

I have a 121 freeride now, so that's a no brainer.

let me know.

I'd say yes. I presently have a 136 M-10 on my Vector and thought the stock tunnel over hung the 121 track more than necessary. Now with the 136, I cannot run a flap because it would get sucked into the track. You can run without it but it sucks since it flings snow on your back and ices up the rear grab bar.

AKrider said:
I'd say yes. I presently have a 136 M-10 on my Vector and thought the stock tunnel over hung the 121 track more than necessary. Now with the 136, I cannot run a flap because it would get sucked into the track. You can run without it but it sucks since it flings snow on your back and ices up the rear grab bar.

Hi,

Is the flap the only issue on a Nytro? My 121" is extended to 136", whit a 1.75" back country track.
Somebody told me that maybe the track could grab the tunnel and bend it if I don't extend it. Can it happen?
If the only issue is the flap I can cut it down and maybe change the angle so it wont touch the track.

Thanks

From my own measurements, without having the actual tunnel extension installed, I would say that you do need a tunnel extension if you decide to go 136".
If you still decide to run it without a tunnel extension, I would be much more worried about what happens to the rear of the stock tunnel than what happens to the snowflap...

Ok, so the tunnel can get stuck into the track if I don't extend it?
Have anybody made a own tunnel extension? pictures?

Thanks

Well, again from my own measurements, with a fully bottomed 136" skid in a standard tunnel, the track lugs WILL catch the tunnel enclosure.
At least if you have got decently sized track lugs...

Please keep in mind that some people on this forum have extended to 128", still using the standard tunnel.
I seem to remember that one of them said it was right on the limit.

Thank you, then I will extend my tunnel.
Can I buy a extension that can fit a spare gasoline can?

I have a 128" rail ext. with out a tunnel ext. There are some nicks in the aluminum plate at the back. Also if the snow is heavy/wet snow, the track packs it in between the flap and the plate and turns your flap into a cape. For a 128" I think the stock tunnel is fine as you said it seems to be too long in stock form. As for a 136" you should put on a tunnel extension, no question in my mind at all.

Back