• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

14 Viper Mcx 190 clutching help

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 Viper Rtx Mcxpress Turbo
Hi everyone in need of some help. After dialing in the suspension after a revalve next on the list is clutching.
Inspected what's there and found blue silver blue primary spring. Super tip weights 60Y WITH NO washers anywhere. An advantage secondary helix.
Sled overall runs good very smooth acceleration but lacks a fun factor.
If you go WOT to quickly you will find the limiter. If the conditions are loose anything over half throttle has it meeting the limiter again. Corner to corner its quick but lacks pull. Launch is embarrassing for a machine so powerful.
Any recommendations to make it a corner to corner arm stretching beast and solve top end over rev?
Can I get washers and bolts for super tip weights anywhere?

Also I found a set of mystery weights that i thought I'd try. Only marking is an 86Y. They look to have pressed in inserts with a different profile then the super tips.
Test rode that setup. Suddenly the viper has balls. Like serious big boy leave your stomach where you pulled the happy lever balls. Pulled hard lofted the skis and held them up. Somehow found more traction then the empty super tips.
BUT anything over 120kmh it was over revving badly. Hugging the limiter and slowly building speed.
Loved the low and midrange but......
So
If anyone has recommendations or where I could buy super tips bolts and washers please share.
Thanks all and keep leading the pack.

Super tips is just a name ulmer racing gave to the stm clutch weights to make a clutch kit with his springs, call supreme tool manufacturing (stm) for the parts you need, better yet Dave at hurricane performance also used the same weights on his turbo viper kits (closer to you)

Back