• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

141 to 153

ccmviper

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Nytro xtx
2016 Viper MTX 141
2018 M8000
Anyone here stretch out a 2016? I've got a 2016 MTX 141 and was going to stretch it out to 153x2.6.Has any one here done this conversion on this year or any year?I can get rails and tunnel from a scrapped 2012 M8 but I'm not sure if the rails or tunnel will swap over,was going to look tomorrow.Im trying to get an idea on what to look for here,I've read the rails have changed over the years.

X2, your going to need to use 2016 153" rails. You may be able to use the rear tunnel extension and rear bumper off of the M8 though.

If you decide to do the swap, by sure to use the correct rivets at the front of the bumper. There are 4 Gold colored rivets on each side that are high strength rivets. For the remaining rivets you can use standard pop rivets.

So the mounting holes are the only difference?I have the rails here but wasn't home to do a good comparison but I lined them up for a quick look and they're near identical.Didnt get a chance to do a thorough check.

Last edited:
So the mounting holes are the only difference?I have the rails here but wasn't home to do a good comparison but I lined them up for a quick look and they're near identical.Didnt get a chance to do a thorough check.

Usually the difference is mounting hole positions, although the curve at the front of the rail can change from year to year as well. The most accurate way to check is to pull the skid and set the rails together side by side on a flat surface.

If I got a set of 2016 153" rails from a dealer would all my suspension components from my 141 switch over or are the 153 different from the 141 Rails?

If I got a set of 2016 153" rails from a dealer would all my suspension components from my 141 switch over or are the 153 different from the 141 Rails?
Yes they will switch over, the arms and front shock are the same part numbers. The rear shock part numbers are different, I suspect due to different valving. The length of the rear shock is the same as is the relay rod that mounts below the shock.

Yes they will switch over, the arms and front shock are the same part numbers. The rear shock part numbers are different, I suspect due to different valving. The length of the rear shock is the same as is the relay rod that mounts below the shock.
Thanks for the help.

You shouldn't have to do a tunnel extension as I believe your 2016 mtx 141 is pretty much the same as the 2015 xtx le which has the 5" longer mtx 153 tunnel.

Back