• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

144 track on a 141 xtx

yamamarc

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 zr9000 Ltd
Hey guy I have a sled here that I am working on and the guy want to put a 144 on his 2017 yamaha sidewinder xtx.
For the guys who done the swap did you only swap to
10 tooth 2.52 drivers or did you need to swap to the 8.5 wheel also?
Any info is greatly appreciated

Here are a few pics of the sled I'm working on.
He broke the drive chain and grenade the chaincase.. the sled has 7800km and he said the chaincase never been opened up...lol
He attempted to pull everything apart but I think got overwhelmed or fed up and through everything in the engine bay and dropped it off.
20210402_145316.jpg
20210403_114521.jpg

When I purchased my new 2019 X-TX LE I had full intentions to switch it over to a 144 for track selection. Surprisingly to me, I found I really liked the 141 1.75" Back Country track that came on the sled so I never did the switch although I may revisit the notion when I need a new track.
I purchased a new shaft with 10 x 2.52 drivers pre installed from Cat and, as far as my sled goes, the bigger drivers combined with the ample skid tension adjustment slots would easily accommodate a 144" track.

When I purchased my new 2019 X-TX LE I had full intentions to switch it over to a 144 for track selection. Surprisingly to me, I found I really liked the 141 1.75" Back Country track that came on the sled so I never did the switch although I may revisit the notion when I need a new track.
I purchased a new shaft with 10 x 2.52 drivers pre installed from Cat and, as far as my sled goes, the bigger drivers combined with the ample skid tension adjustment slots would easily accommodate a 144" track.
Thanks Bob you remember what the part # or what year and model the 10×2.52 was on?

Hurricane has 10T 2.52s and shafts in stock, you may have to go to 8.4 wheels. I know 11 tooth and 8.4 wheels fit perfect.

I heard there wasn't an inner chaincase to be found about half way through the season. Used ones were very scarce also.

Thanks Bob you remember what the part # or what year and model the 10×2.52 was on?

The shaft I believe is off the snow cross sled 144 track conversion.
Arctic Cat Part Number: 0728-228
You will have to rob the speedo sensor magnets off of the old shaft or order new ones for proper speedo function.
What 8.5 wheels work? They would probably be a good idea as well to ensure proper track tension.

I did just the 10 tooth driver and 144 track on my 141 viper. Still plenty of room for track tightening with stock rear wheels. 4000 miles with no issues yet.

I did just the 10 tooth driver and 144 track on my 141 viper. Still plenty of room for track tightening with stock rear wheels. 4000 miles with no issues yet.

I have the parts to change my X-TX over to a 144 but I am so happy with the 141 1.75" Back Country track that I may just put another one on my sled when I need a new track....if the Back Country is still available.

What track did you use? I'm looking to do this and wanted to know what lug height I can get away with....

I went with the Composit C38, it's a 1.5" inch lug. I'm pretty sure there is still enough room at the heat exchanger to go 1.75 without issue.

Back