• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

15 Mtx MPI Turbo acting up?

Cable810

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Viper MTX MPI 190
Please bear with me on this.... I'm not familiar with turbo sleds.... last ride of the weekend thr sled got got 203 degrees. Sat let it cool down jumped in snow temp come right back down. We stopped started sled up and when I got on thr throttle to pull a wheelie the turbo wouldn't spool all thr way. Skis came up but right when thr turbo should have spooled it didn't.

This kept going on. The turbo would eventually spool after a few minutes of riding. Thought it was from being hot.

When we got home next day I took it for a spin and it was doing the same thing. This time it really wasn't taking that long before things were fine.

I have no clue what could be thr cause. There's enough oil there xoolant isn't low.

Any thoughts?.

sounding like boost leak. i would check all the rubber joints on the turbo to the throttle bodies as one might have lost a clamp or blown apart.

Do you have a ProLogger on the sled? Curious because I do on the same sled with the MPI, and have never really figured out how to properly tune the sled with boost.

I don't put I do plan on getting one... issue seemed to have been loose coil pack and spark plugs. Hooked my AFR gauge up and I'm running a tad rich.

Back