• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

15 MTX sway bar

Snowbound98

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 SR Viper M-TX 153
I try to get off trail as much as possible but I find myself mostly riding trails now that my kids are more involved in the sport and riding their own sleds. That being said, I need more control thru the turns and want it to be less tipsy so I’m thinking about adding a sway bar. I’ll buy the quick disconnect end link for the times I do make it off trail. My brother runs away from me in the turns on his XTX.
My dilemma is, the lower arms do not have the attachment points for the links. Any advise? Go with aftermarket arms and get the stance a little wider? Fab and clamp an attachment point to my current arms? Or I believe I read somewhere that I can put on the Arctic Cat arms and spindles which improves the geometry? I’m changing my skis this off season and figured it would be best to do it all at once.
One more thing, I can’t seem to find a 180# spring for the rear shock. Any links or vendors that I can get one is greatly appreciated. I have one more season of riding my youngest son on my sled before he gets on his own and I have my spring wound tight right now.
Appreciate any and all info and or suggestions for setting this thing up to trail better even though it’s an MTX.

Jim

I think murdered141 welded a set of sway bars on his 38 front end and runs the quick disconnect. I have seen some used 40 front ends for sale fairly cheap which might be a little closer to a happy medium for someone that wants to ride on and off trail.

I have the new sway bar and hardware and will be installing soon. I did away with the sleeve and wobble bearing by upgrading to the ‘16 shaft and 4206 bearing. Made an oil drain hose to make life a little easier. New center spring should be here any day, having cannondale27 go thru my shocks. Changing gearing to get a little more top end, clutch work being done too. Skid is coming out to check bearings and drivers. Adding rail stiffeners and overload springs to help when I have a passenger. I also picked up a 153x15x1.75 camoplast back country track to make this sled a little better on trail. Have frogskin vent kit to install, need to do airbox mod and I’m picking up a PCV to do a little tuning. SLP Mohawks are in route with 6” 60* carbides. Still need some new DuPont slides before skid goes back in. Have a lot of work to do in the next coming weeks so I’m ready for season. Trying to upload pics buts says too large.

Attachments

• E6C27A1C-00BE-4BA3-98B6-D9F8A32E4D99.jpeg
    E6C27A1C-00BE-4BA3-98B6-D9F8A32E4D99.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 197
  • ED1284FE-BFB8-4B5A-B46A-9732587426E6.jpeg
    ED1284FE-BFB8-4B5A-B46A-9732587426E6.jpeg
    91.9 KB · Views: 148

Back