• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

'15 RS Viking Pro

Mangy

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 RS Viking Professional
Just a quick note to say hello since I'm new to the forum, and tell you about my new to me '15 RS Viking Pro that I purchased this summer for ice fishing.
The machine I purchased had 118 miles on it and was stored in a heated garage before coming to live with me.
Since owning it I have changed the motor oil and oil filter, and put some K100 and fresh high octane fuel on top of the old stuff in the tank and ran it.
I have also changed the spark plugs after fouling them out.. gotta warm her up good...
I am still in the engine break in zone with it, so I haven't towed anything yet.
It is sometimes hard to shift into reverse. Wondering if I should change out the drive chain oil?
Also, after a 30 mile trail run the other day my arms were like spaghetti noodles and sore. It was darting on me back and forth, at under 25 mph. I am researching runners for it.
6A6C9FEA-0D09-4607-A5FC-17BB5030C225.jpeg

Thanks, Mangy.

Welcome to TY and 'our' VK forum. I've been on TY for a while but new to the VK Pro, which came home a month and 1000 kms ago.

My dealer told me the gearbox would be hard to shift on a slope and that is how it has been for me. I make a point of pulling low before I start up a good hill. Sometimes maneuvering off trail requires reversing and if it won't go I have always got it to shift by either creeping ahead and stopping without brake or just shutting it off and shifting.

I don't think that there are any issues with your oil. If you didn't get an owners manual they are available online and have lots of good information.

Welcome to TY and 'our' VK forum. I've been on TY for a while but new to the VK Pro, which came home a month and 1000 kms ago.

My dealer told me the gearbox would be hard to shift on a slope and that is how it has been for me. I make a point of pulling low before I start up a good hill. Sometimes maneuvering off trail requires reversing and if it won't go I have always got it to shift by either creeping ahead and stopping without brake or just shutting it off and shifting.

I don't think that there are any issues with your oil. If you didn't get an owners manual they are available online and have lots of good information.
Thank you YukonMP!

might want to look in the tec section for the ski shim mod as it can help with the darting. might need to soften the front skid shock spring to help keep the skis down as well on accel/pulling. had to do it to most of our sleds as they where getting light on the skis when on the throttle.

btw welcome to the site!

Just a quick note to say hello since I'm new to the forum, and tell you about my new to me '15 RS Viking Pro that I purchased this summer for ice fishing.
The machine I purchased had 118 miles on it and was stored in a heated garage before coming to live with me.
Since owning it I have changed the motor oil and oil filter, and put some K100 and fresh high octane fuel on top of the old stuff in the tank and ran it.
I have also changed the spark plugs after fouling them out.. gotta warm her up good...
I am still in the engine break in zone with it, so I haven't towed anything yet.
It is sometimes hard to shift into reverse. Wondering if I should change out the drive chain oil?
Also, after a 30 mile trail run the other day my arms were like spaghetti noodles and sore. It was darting on me back and forth, at under 25 mph. I am researching runners for it.View attachment 152600

Thanks, Mangy.
Hi, Snow Trackers will fix the darting %100. I use the semi aggressive ones and I am completely satisfied with them. My 2014 went from one of the worst sled for Dating to one of the best just by adding them.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and advice guys!

Back