• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

15 vector bucking like a bronco!!

Kenjeepman78

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 RS Vector
I haven’t lost a lot of weight have the same gear as last year got the first ride in today and the sled literally kept throwing me off the seat. Trails were not what I would call whooped by any means. Last year I remember it riding great. Shocks were rebuilt and have less than 1 k miles on them mostly UP miles ( pretty smooth).

I’m going to go thru the sag and setup again but is there anything that I should keep an eye out for while I’m under the sled? Nothing struck me as out of place or worn pre season when I lubed, checked bearings and replaced hyfax. I felt I needed a seat belt today was like a pogo stick at times.

Monoshock Spring Preload in the middle, clicker 3-5 clicks back IN from full open ("soft").

Transfer rod measures 1 & 1/8" between the slotted/notched parts??

I’m pretty sure on a standard shock on the mono you only have a rebound setting. Like cat man said turn to full soft then 5/7 clicks towards harder. If the rebound is too soft the shock kicks back . Keep tightening by one click at a time towards hard until it stops bucking

It’s all packed full I f snow right now. I’ll have to look at it later this week. I couldn’t remember if clockwise was more or less. Def needs the rebound to slow down. I know it only has one clicker I was thinking it was compression not rebound. When I stopped trail side it was one click from full clockwise. I did hit some harsh impacts today I hope I didn’t blow out a seal or something.

Monoshock Spring Preload in the middle, clicker 3-5 clicks back IN from full open ("soft").

Transfer rod measures 1 & 1/8" between the slotted/notched parts??
Not sure what middle is as it’s a threaded spring adjustment. I believe I followed your setup guide last year and it rode well. I have not changed anything other than new carbides shimmed the skis and replaced hyfax.

Not sure what middle is as it’s a threaded spring adjustment. I believe I followed your setup guide last year and it rode well. I have not changed anything other than new carbides shimmed the skis and replaced hyfax.
Middle meaning roughly as close to middle of the threads as you can guesstimate.

I don't know why yamaha went away from the cam adjustment on the mono. Much simpler.

Update finally got inside to check things over I see no visual leaks but the shock is blown or something has come apart. If I stand and jump up the track comes off the ground while sled is stationary.

Well, that explains the bouncehouse ride.

Probably the seal/packing at the shock body let go and it lost all its oil.

Well, that explains the bouncehouse ride.

Probably the seal/packing at the shock body let go and it lost all its oil.
Plenty of oil none on behind ifp side. Some pitting on the ifp it’s going to need parts to be correct.

Edit** after watching some videos there was def less oil than there should be and what looks to be water intrusion. The seal around the shaft must have gone. The shock is not oily but the way it sits in the skid that makes sense.

Last edited:
Plenty of oil none on behind ifp side. Some pitting on the ifp it’s going to need parts to be correct.
Send it to Hygear for a complete overhaul.

They will set it up to your specifications (weight, riding style, etc.) if you so choose, or stock specs.

Send it to Hygear for a complete overhaul.

They will set it up to your specifications (weight, riding style, etc.) if you so choose, or stock specs.
Unfortunately that would take longer than Thursday I have a cabin paid for time taken off work and heading to the UP. If I could even find out what weight oil goes in I’ll clean it up and refill. It might be toast tho there is some pitting on the ifp. 9200 miles had them rebuilt and didn’t make it 1000 after that. Guess you shouldn’t fix what isn’t broke. Just need to get 5 days out of it then we just had day trips planned.

Back