• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

15 WIDE CHALLENGER EXTREME

noszed

Veteran
wondering if anyone has switched to a 15 wide track instead of 16. Im thinking it would give you more track speed due to tunnel clearance,also make it alot more nimble to turn,have 500 miles on my apex mtx and still fighting it. Rode a rev last year and maybe starting to regret selling it. :o|
I will not turbo it until I am happy with how it carves.

How big of a rider are you? What kind of riding do you do? The Apex is the easieast sled to ride that I've ever owned. I've been riding for 18yrs.

I wouldn't change back to a 15" NO WAY.

Im around 5"11 and 200 lbs. Im sorry to say that my old rev was way easier to ride,(but the apex is about 70 times the quality),why would you not like the 15 wide?

The 16" makes a huge diff in the deep POW. I'm 6' 200lbs and I find the Apex is very easy to turn in the deep snow.

I stand and lean and countersteer in the turns and I can lay the Apex completely sideways in the snow.

EDIT

My buddy has a new XP. I have not had much saddle time with his XP, but it vibrated like crazy, had good power, but seemed harder to turn than my Apex and I think most others that have ridden both would agree. I'm sure if I had more time to ride the XP then I could figure out how to ride it. Give the Apex more time it does take some getting used too. I went over the handlebars a few times when I first got the Apex due to the engine braking. But after it breaks in and you get used to how it handles I find it to be an excelent deep powder sled.

Back