• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

153 on trail

Snowbound98

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 SR Viper M-TX 153
I have to use my 15 MTX on trail more now that my kids are driving their own. Some of the things I’m gonna do to make this more trail worthy is:
Throwing on some SLP MoHawk with 6” 60* carbides.
Adding a sway bar
Swapping out the 20/50 gears for 20/40. That’s just so my brother isn’t pulling away from me on his XTX
Definitely clutching. Most likely use Thunder Products kit.
Rail stiffeners and overload springs
160# center spring
Replacing DuPont slides
Camoplast backcountry 153x15x1.75 track
Rear bumper with tunnel support
Front bumper with skid plate

Sounds like you have a good grip on things did you have a question or just letting everyone know?

Sounds like you have a good grip on things did you have a question or just letting everyone know?

I’m trying to upload pics so I can share and also ask questions along the way if any arise. Says my photos are too big.

trying to figure out this picture sharing.

Last edited:
I have my 1.75 track, 50 extra clips so it’ll be fully clipped, center shock spring, competition ski mounts for the MoHawks, and Mod Rods knee vent kit along with their 7 piece vent kit. I’m not adding all of these but I did already do the knee vents. Still deciding which ones to use for side panels.
I built a sled lift the other day so I can pull the track. I had enough square tubing laying around and also a brand new Curt 5k lb jack. Still can’t do this pic sharing so I uploaded a video to YouTube so i can at least share that.
I only used the little Milwaukee impact for testing. I know it beats the crap out of these jacks as Cannondale27 pointed out to me. Lol.

If I can’t figure out this photo sharing, there’s no need for me to go any farther with this. Nobody wants to sit and read what I’m doing. I live by the motto, pics or it didn’t happen.
Do I have to resize thru another app? That’s gonna suck. If I have to do it from my PC it’s gonna be weeks between updates. I know TY4Stroke doesn’t support Tapatalk any longer but man it was too easy going thru that app.

when i post picks from my i pad/phone they load up with no problems for me but i make sure i am in a lower quality pic setting. you could put them on google drive and share them to here as well.

Looking at the BV-48 kit and the 911 clutch cover. Is there anything else you would do or tweak as a recommendation?

Right now, clutching the Viper is huge. The stock calibration clutching is not very user friendly, creates lots of belt dust and poor performance. If you have the mountain spring in your setup, I can guess you are having high engagement issues. Our Big Venom kit lowers the engagement, gives better performance thru the entire range and longer belt life.

The 911 cover uses an oil-lite bronze bushing which lasts so much longer than the stock fiber bushing in the stock cover and really stiffens up the primary clutch keeping the towers where they should be.

0jMqMgacj0rfpFmbQA_xkOcsw

I think I got this sizing thing figured out finally.
It’s gonna take me a little time to get this caught up to where I’m at now but I gotta start somewhere.

I wanted to check my bearings in chain case but before I went in, I knew I wanted to get rid of that wobble bearing and sleeve so I ordered a ‘16 jackshaft with all the shims, snap rings, seals and bearings.
BCF99FEC-0D28-48C6-875E-4BA939C77C10.jpeg

I also placed the order for the sway bar and hardware so I would have it when I got there.
C1EDC37C-A6D7-4CC2-8C3F-CBFFCBA90D69.jpeg

Swapping out the jackshaft was pretty straight forward.
4E4D6694-E231-4996-AC16-025565942637.jpeg

93975D5F-F219-4A45-8436-60BB3800F3F9.jpeg

F64A081C-787E-47BE-BE95-B987808EA9EC.jpeg

BA766124-3859-4C45-8C62-AE4B1FB2352F.jpeg

Then the new went in with new bearing on clutch side and 4206 bearing on chaincase side.

79A4F1A2-A4BA-4A22-8D58-41C5C07A4441.jpeg

33FD1113-AEB2-4E58-A8FB-1ABBDA712C57.jpeg

1F627F93-1559-433B-AD4D-9E0164F4DDC7.jpeg

Back