• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

'16-'17 *Mileage Quest* Trip Log

Mileage Quest

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'12 Apex X-TX
So I'm kinda sad that the contest has come to an end :( but with less then 3 participants the last few years I understand...

***12/27-30/2016***
IMG_0070.JPG

This year's first ride was exactly 366 days from last years first ride... that is the day I purchased my Apex... Read about last years trips here: http://ty4stroke.com/threads/15-16-tymfc-mileage-quest.138968/

This year we started with a trip to the western U.P... I rented a house near Greenland instead of staying at a hotel or motel (score)!!! My dad, two of our friends, and I headed out from Minnesota on Tuesday... Got there around noon and it didn't stop snowing the whole time!!!
IMG_0056.JPG
We headed out to fill up at one of the TY supporters!!!
IMG_0057.JPG
Then we ventured east to see an old friend in Sidnaw... Perfect timing too!!!
IMG_0059.JPG
After we made our way back to the house another TY member met up with us... He arranged earlier in the week to stay with us during our trip (if I have space available any forum members are welcome to tag along)... He wanted to get a few miles on to make sure his sled was all correct before tomorrows ride so we scooted on over to Stubbs in Ontonagon...
IMG_0061.JPG

Wednesday morning the plan was to leave early for Copper Harbor... Lets just say it wasn't early enough!!!! Normally we arrive for breakfast but today since someone in the group wanted to take their time getting up and motivated... Lets just say we were a little behind schedule... I felt my belt start to go on the Brockway so I replaced it... It was the belt I had purchased the sled with so I have put 4000 miles on it WOW!!! We made the lunch rush LOL!!!
IMG_0071.JPG

IMG_0066.JPG IMG_0069.JPG IMG_0067.JPG

Thursday morning was similar to Wednesday's... somehow not on the trails until after 10 am... since I had 3 hours to kill while they got motived I heated up the garage (I brought a portable heater) and decided to look over the sleds... After noticing a large oil spot under my Dad's vector I started doing some digging... Ended up being at full or over full and blew in to the air box... after she was back together we headed west to Silver City and then down to the Hoop... We ate and filled up...

IMG_0072.JPG IMG_0073.JPG IMG_0074.JPG

Then we headed back toward the house... We got 8+ inches overnight and into the day... We went and found a few forest roads to hit and packed them up for the trip home on Friday...

I hadn't made it 50 miles before I lost count of the trailers I seen headed up LOL... Lets just say I was glad I was leaving!!!

IMG_0104.JPG

This trip clocked 607 miles
Current miles on ODM 6226
Previous years miles on ODM 5619
YTD miles 607

Last edited:

***1/13-15/2017***
Well I've been a bit behind on posting my trips on TY... This trip happened on my birthday weekend 2017... Friday evening my dad, our Skidoo buddy and I did a little fun run around the Brainerd area... it was looking like a great year was setting up!!! We are riding out of our cabin THIS is AWESOME!!!! Since I was on my last trip I installed a Rocz Hid kit as the headlight split on my Apex was almost unrideable at night... So far this is the best improvement I've made to my Apex!!!

IMG_0114.JPG IMG_0118.JPG IMG_0119.JPG IMG_0117.JPG

Since it was my birthday and I wasn't celebrating hard enough when we got back to the cabin the other two turned it up a few degrees... needless to say I was alone the next day... So with no one to say where I was going to go I was free to venture over to a friends place... They live just north of the "Bobber"... I have an annual camping trip to Big Falls with these same friends so I joked with them that I was going camping... I made it to Blackduck which is just short of Big Falls and returned home the same route... I used the Paul Bunyan trail to the Blue Ox trail... A person can easily make a Brainerd to I Fall run in a day using this route...

IMG_0120.JPG IMG_0121.JPG IMG_0122.JPG

A sunset from our lake home on 1-15-17

IMG_0124.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

This trip clocked 382 miles
Current miles on ODM 6608
Previous years miles on ODM 5619
YTD miles 989

Shortly after this ride the northwoods and the U.P. had an extended stretch of warm weather and heavy rain... I planned and canceled a few trips for later in the season... This was sadly my last ride of the 2016-2017 snowmobile season :(

Last edited:

Back