• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

16 Viper Clutch kit with low engagement

Kevin

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
Have a buddy looking to spruce up his viper
Any clutch kits give more performance and also lower the primary engagement?

Your re world recommendations please

Lots of good kits out there...I am running the Thunder Products kit

Barn of Parts has soft start spring most have really liked. Haven’t tried it myself. Give him a call

I have the Thunder Products on my 16 and I like it

I have the BOP soft start spring and the thunder products secondary spring. You can't go wrong listening to NOS or Cannondale.

I have a Schmidt bros on my nytro and I really like it. Super smooth and low engagement. Great guys to work with. They made up a custom kit for my type of riding and it worked great last season. Made my nytro feel like a different sled and it pulled hard. I'm sure they could do something for your viper.

Your in Ottawa! Not to far from hurricane. I ran his N/A clutch kit the first year before I boosted it. His kit worked really well, low engagement and instant trail performance out of the box.

Theres quite a few options out there for performance/clutch kits and theres a few options for lowering engagment.
All depends on what he wants to spend, lol

Last season i ran the thunder products heavy hitter kit on my viper, but was using the barn of parts soft start spring in the primary for lower/softer engagement. It came set for my weight and riding style so there was very little adjustment required to get it perfect. I was happy with it. But, If i had it to do all over again i would probably buy one of the kits with magnets for weights just because they are easier to tune/adjust
I also know the 911 cover from thunder products allows you to close the primary clutch sheaves so they are almost touching the belt making for smother engagement, so i am told. I have not used one.
This year i had schmidt brothers machine my clutches for overdrive and they changed my primary and secondary springs. They claimed the primary will give me a smoother engagement than i had with the barn of parts spring.

I'm going to the Toronto show this weekend
Maybe some parts from the mentioned vendors will be there

That's where I got my kit from hurricane 2yrs ago. Dave will probably have the parts there. I'm picking up hygear parts at the show on Saturday.

Back