• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

16 Viper Le traits

Viper S

VIP Member
Looking at a 16 Viper Ltx Le, like one I once had.This one owner says is also an Le, but no performance dampeners like on sled I had? Also concerned it may have the bad rods like the newer 16 engines had? Not close enough to sled to check out the half moons on chaincase of good engines.Can later build engines in 16 be found out by VIN? Thanks for any help!!!

I have an 16 XTX LE and it came with a heated seat, Evol Shocks and Blue rails. As far as the rods go, unless you turbo it you should not have any worry about the rods.

Still not wanting to chance on those soft rods, forgot about heated seat, had one on a 15 that i never got to work. Rode nice once did all mods...I'll keep looking on remote engine ID, maybe the VIN... thanks!

Unless you visually check the valve cover, there is no way to verify the type of motor that anyone has come up with. Good luck in your search.

As InRBigness stated unless adding boost you won't have a problem with newer version of rods. I can't recall any posts on here about failed naturally aspirated motors. The reason it became a recognized concern was that boosted ones started to fail.

Back