• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

162 mtx suspension

sidewinder17k

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder 162 mtx
Hello everyone! I am new here. I see that lots of useful information on here so I had to join. I have a suspension question. I am new to the rider forward design. My last sled was a 96 Yamaha vmax 600 mountain max. Lol. Now I rock a 17 sidewinder. I love it. I am just trying to figure out the suspension. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am 305lbs my front air shocks are set at 85psi my Center spring is as tight as I can get it. And my rear air shock is 150lbs. I have about 2” of rider sag. My problem is I can’t get the skis to lift. I don’t want to catwalk but when I approach something I want to be able to burp the throttle and get the nose up to go over things instead of plowing threw it. I did order and will be installed in a couple of days the zbros 240+ spring. But am I doing something wrong.

the Z bros spring will make a difference. Dont crank the pre-load when you install. Turn the adjustment ring until it seats on the spring then go maybe 2 turns more. A little adjustment can make a big difference. Your sled will also handle much better. Make sure that your limiter strap is all the way out.

Ok thank you, do my shocks pressures sound right? Should I soften the back shock?

My limiter strap is all the way out. Is it worth putting it on scales?

Wait till you install the new spring. All the rest of your settings are close. My setup is very similar. 80 psi in the front shocks, 160lb Z bros spring in the front skid and 140lbs in the rear shock. That new spring will make a big difference.

Thank it’s learn curve and all the videos I found all talk about the evol shock with that second chamber. I dis watch the skins shock therapy videos and that explains a lot. I know this is a little off topic but you have the same sled as me do you go threw ski saddle rubbers? I just put my 6th one in. I carry two spares in my tunnel bag even

I've only gone through one ski rubber. I keep a spare as well just in case.

Back