• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

162 track tentioning

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 yamaha apex 162”
I am new to Yamaha snowmobiles I recently bought an 07 rtx and converted it to a 162 from a 121,so I just got it back up and running and noticed its wearing out my drivers. I changed the original drivers to the whal racing 7 tooth 3 pitch no slip driver but were it grabs thru the holes on the track is were it is wearing fast I only put 11 km on it so far and stoped immediately when I noticed it im wording if its from the track being to tight or to loose any help and info on this would be greatly apreciated

odds are it will wear to a point and stop.

You can run those tracks pretty loose with the sprocket drivers.Mine probably hangs down 1.5 inches when you pick up the sled and I have never had any issues but I am running an anti stab kit on the front of the rails. Stabbing the track would be the
only danger to running it too loose if it hits the end of the rails wrong you could wreck your track.

I have 162 and if it ratchets, tighten it 1 turn on each side. Keep it as loose as possible without ratchet and it will be good, also hardly no slider wear even on the trail

Back