• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

18)Adding Guages to the build....

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
Well things didn’t work out like I hoped with the gauges before Hay Days. But we still were able to show the sled with the charger installed and able to run it for the lurkers.

I did get a chance to pick up the gauges needed from Ulmer Racing and 3 single gauge pods for the install at Hay Days. So since I needed to complete the project for this year, me and my brother installed the gauges to monitor and tune the Super Charger. I thought welding the bung onto the exhaust for the Wide Band Fuel was going to be the biggest challenge, but that wasn’t the case, installing the gauges along with routing all the wires and hoses was quite a bit more tedious. I would like to thank Allen once again for being available to answer my questions on the weekend.

Little tip for cutting in the Temp Guage Splice.... needle nose vise grips both side when you cut thru you will minimize the mess.

There will be more posts thru-out the season on how the machine performs with all the mods that have been done as far as suspension, power and tuning. Be sure to watch for more updates.

Attachments

• IMG_2743.JPG
    IMG_2743.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 845
  • IMG_2741.JPG
    IMG_2741.JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 819
  • IMG_2740.JPG
    IMG_2740.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 851
  • IMG_2739.JPG
    IMG_2739.JPG
    186.1 KB · Views: 805
  • IMG_2738.JPG
    IMG_2738.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 822
  • IMG_2737.JPG
    IMG_2737.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 800
  • IMG_2736.JPG
    IMG_2736.JPG
    217.8 KB · Views: 821
  • IMG_2735.JPG
    IMG_2735.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 815
  • IMG_2734.JPG
    IMG_2734.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 820
  • IMG_2733.JPG
    IMG_2733.JPG
    190.1 KB · Views: 821

so you guys ended up going with a black windy i see! adds a nice look to it! guages are pretty sweet too!

MrSled said:
Thank You guys!!

Vince I just didnt like that big pod.... Like you said much cleaner.

LOL....Yeah, I sometimes wish I went a different route with mine, but all the time I had in it, IT WAS GOING ON THE SLED...PERIOD. LOL

Very nice, where did you get the gauge pods from I would like to do the same thing.

The came from Full Power Performance but Ulmer now sells some that are very similar and have better adjustability.

We have a universal mounting kit that comes with a bunch of different bases for mounting depending on how you want to mount it. They also swivel left to right and up and down to accomodate pretty much any mounting position. They are $20 each.

Here is just a few photos of them held up to get an idea on the Apex.

GaugeHolder009.jpg

GaugeHolder008.jpg

GaugeHolder007.jpg

If you look back in the build you will see the SC without scoop and the sled now with.

Ulmer has the install directions on his site maybe he could post the link??

Back