• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

18 VKP 2 Rear suspension forward arm

magman

S
Looking at my rear skid , there is a vacant mounting bracket on the center of lower cross tube on the front arm. In the factory service manual it illustrates linkage for the forward mounting of rear shock and relay rod links going in there (?) My rear shock forward mounting and links are mounted in a separate cross tube bolted to the rails. Is there an alternate suspension setup available ?Or is this normal or Is mine missing hmmmm
In the online parts app the parts for 2018 , the rear suspension 2 pages don’t show these links , or the rear adjusting coupler , so maybe it’s a typo on the app?
Anyone have insight,
OBTW a look at a close up on the Yamaha-motor site of the VK it looks like there is a link in the lower frt arm cross tube, and the rear shock and relay rods appear to be in a different set up than on mine
More hmmm
Maybe a trip to the 2020 release to see a close up of another VK

Last edited:

upload_2019-3-6_16-5-28.png

Back