• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1984 Yamaha Flashback

burlyviper

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder LTX LE, blue
2011 Apex 128, Ulmer Airbox and clutch kit, PCV, HID
1980 Exciter 300
I came across this ad from the local paper in SE MI in 1984. As a 15 year old back then, I remember thinking the Vmax was the coolest sled I'd ever seen. Fast forward to today and it's still in my top 5 looking sleds. I still have a 1980 300 twin and love ditchbanging with it whenever we get snow here at home.

Attachments

• 1984 ad.jpg
    1984 ad.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 103

I came across this ad from the local paper in SE MI in 1984. As a 15 year old back then, I remember thinking the Vmax was the coolest sled I'd ever seen. Fast forward to today and it's still in my top 5 looking sleds. I still have a 1980 300 twin and love ditchbanging with it whenever we get snow here at home.
What a awesome find!!

Using the BLS.GOV inflation calculator, that Vmax would be $10,853 in todays dollars. The Vmax was their top of the line sled in ’84. Just goes to show how completely out of wack sled prices are currently. I‘m guess sled sales for the past 10 years or so have been propped up by low interest rates. I see that coming to an end this season. The OEM’s are in for a shock when they see how few snowchecks they get this season.

Back