• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1st burn 2021 LTX GT

Bluebullet

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 sidewinder LTX GT, 2010 Apex LTX GT
Finally got out and cranked some miles on my new girl. Trails were hard and fast with 2 inches of powder on top. 112 miles
here is my first ride notes:
1. Motor pulls like crazy !
2. suspension settings 1 front 1 rear rides like pillow
3. great wind coverage with factory windy
4. sit to stand very comfortable and easy on my old knees
5. New strike ski with semi aggressive snow trackers steers light and very easy but has some push?
6. Made adjustments to rear due to bottoming on some bumps ( set at 2) much better overall also change front to 2 also, still some push but seemed a little better
7 . changed front to 3, some improvement on push but still not happy.
Summary. Love the power when turbo kicks in, feels really quick and fast. Didn't really open up yet due to trail conditions and trying to get used to new chassis. I feel that i need more ski pressure! Hoe is the best way to get more ski pressure on this chassis?
- go up on limit strap?
- back off on front springs
- Is there a ride in or set in procedure?
- increase/ decrease weight transfer?

This sled rides and handles much differant than my apex LTX for sure. Just need a little adjustment. Thanks in advance!

here's a couple pics from Moosehead area in maine

Attachments

• 141710440_10158756918168830_1879680220532010349_n.jpg
    141710440_10158756918168830_1879680220532010349_n.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 180
  • 141771732_10158756918343830_2421048272340163815_n.jpg
    141771732_10158756918343830_2421048272340163815_n.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 186
Back off your center spring preload 1 turn at a time until you like the ski pressure. You could also increase your front ski spring preload slightly. Third you could suck up your limiter strap 1 hole.

Congrats on a beautiful sled..
The way those trails look you won’t need much suspension :D..

I’ll give you a bit of what I’ve found so far on my 20 ltx gt, we can all give you suggestions on what to do but at the end of the day you need to adjust your sled up for you..
Personally I think you were better off going with the aggressive trackers.
Your front a arms look parallel to the ground which is good, I would leave the front shock springs alone.
You can adjust the limiter straps and see how they affect the ride, factory setting should be set at 2nd last hole from longest length, go 1 hole shorter at a time and see how it performs, if there’s no slack on your straps lay a piece of wood 2x4 or something under the rails where the straps are and it will give you slack in the straps to remove the bolt and adjust.
Check your front rear shock preload to see where your dealer set it at, I’m still tweaking my rear suspension as I found my sled stiff from the factory so I keep my lock nut hand tight so I can adjust while out riding, it’s very easy to adjust centre spring while out on the trail.

Last edited:
I’m with you on need more ski pressure. I only put 20 miles on but did notice it doesn’t turn as easily as my apex.

Finally got out and cranked some miles on my new girl. Trails were hard and fast with 2 inches of powder on top. 112 miles
5. New strike ski with semi aggressive snow trackers steers light and very easy but has some push?
6. Made adjustments to rear due to bottoming on some bumps ( set at 2) much better overall also change front to 2 also, still some push but seemed a little better
Summary. Love the power when turbo kicks in, feels really quick and fast. Didn't really open up yet due to trail conditions and trying to get used to new chassis. I feel that i need more ski pressure! Hoe is the best way to get more ski pressure on this chassis?
- go up on limit strap?

This sled rides and handles much differant than my apex LTX for sure. Just need a little adjustment. Thanks in advance!
IMHO take all advice and experiment a lot until you find happy spot. I took the Snowtrackers off due to too much understeer/push.

How 'bout a Moosehead region trail report. Supposed to fly out tomorrow but rescheduling.

Like has been said, Semi-Aggressive will push. Aggressive's are what are needed. Then you can tune the suspension for a suspension and not a band-aid for steering.

These winders are terrific for ride, handling, comfort and power. I run 5.7 Doo single keel race skis with Aggressive SnowTrackers myself.

IMHO take all advice and experiment a lot until you find happy spot. I took the Snowtrackers off due to too much understeer/push.

How 'bout a Moosehead region trail report. Supposed to fly out tomorrow but rescheduling.
Town trails boney with skis clanking little stones, woods were bumpy with little snow coverage. logging roads were great with good hard pack snow. Backcountry un groomed roads were all good going( snow is so hard you can go just about anywhere. Many stumps and rocks showing! Clubs have at least panned once but need more snow! forecast looks weak. I will try to keep you posted!

Town trails boney with skis clanking little stones, woods were bumpy with little snow coverage. logging roads were great with good hard pack snow. Backcountry un groomed roads were all good going( snow is so hard you can go just about anywhere. Many stumps and rocks showing! Clubs have at least panned once but need more snow! forecast looks weak. I will try to keep you posted!
Thanks for the update. Enjoy you new sled. Hope I can fit a trip up during February if the snow ever flies.

Thanks guys for the input. I always ran the semi's on my apex and worked well ( Different chassis and heavy front end!) I will ride again maybe with more snow and we will see what I think. Hope it snows more soon!

- go up on limit strap?

Definitely get aggressive blades for your snowtrackers.
I ran semi aggressive last season and they do push in corners when comparing to aggressives

Adjusting the QS3's to the firmer settings increases ski pressure. I don't know how much you weigh, but adjusting the rear torsion springs to a heavier setting also seems to increase ski pressure. I have always run the semi-aggressive Trackers, without a problem, but I think a lot of it depends on your riding style and snow conditions. Once you get that Winder set up to your riding style, you will never want to ride any other sled.

I am 270 ish with gear. So rode last weekend similar hard pack conditions. Found settings front and rear 0n 2's to be perfect! Only change was I didn't carry 3 gallons of fuel in the rear! 28lbs of fuel........ I am concerned that I will need extra fuel as my fuel range is still questionable? 1st ride 112 miles no fuel light and took 8 gallons? second ride 123 miles and no light and took 8.4 gallons. My tank is only 8.9 gallons??????? I have searched and guys are seeing mixed answers as two sleds don't appear to be the same. Next ride I am going to carry my extra fuel and see how things go!

Attachments

• 144722628_10158784475703830_952831094794199051_n (1).jpg
    144722628_10158784475703830_952831094794199051_n (1).jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 144408199_10158784476098830_2358991898314840744_n.jpg
    144408199_10158784476098830_2358991898314840744_n.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 99
I am 270 ish with gear. So rode last weekend similar hard pack conditions. Found settings front and rear 0n 2's to be perfect! Only change was I didn't carry 3 gallons of fuel in the rear! 28lbs of fuel........ I am concerned that I will need extra fuel as my fuel range is still questionable? 1st ride 112 miles no fuel light and took 8 gallons? second ride 123 miles and no light and took 8.4 gallons. My tank is only 8.9 gallons??????? I have searched and guys are seeing mixed answers as two sleds don't appear to be the same. Next ride I am going to carry my extra fuel and see how things go!
Fill the tank then slowly push down on the rear grab rail and you will get at least another gallon in it. Works best if somebody holds it down while you keep filling

Definitely get aggressive blades for your snowtrackers.
I ran semi aggressive last season and they do push in corners when comparing to aggressives
can you get aggressives to replace the semis carbides for the tuners ?

Back