• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2.5" track? on 09 apex mtx

BryanK410

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Apex MTX
Thinking about switching from the maverick track to a 2.5" challenger track, 162X16
Think this is a good choice? Will it be a big difference from the stock in the powder?
And will I have to make any changes?

Did it on a 06 ( think the tunnel is the same ) tight fit , had to grind some rivets and trim outside corners of paddles, love the track much better in the pow than the mav. I did gear down, might as well, you have the chain case apart to change track.

I did the same thing on an '06. Very tight at the front intercooler (about a 1/4" if I remember correctly). Very noticeable improvement in all conditions. I'm sure it would do even better with more clearance (drop and roll or extended chain case). I did nothing to the gearing or clutching. I did port this track. I believe I have about 3-4 thousand kms on mine with about 3thou supercharged.

I did it to mine also, after i did it i noticed i would hit the rev limiter, never did with the stock track, i have gearea down to an 18 top gear on mine since, works good.

The stock track may potentially be the worst mtn track ever made......any thing will be a big improvement.

The power claw although 15 wide is by far the best track for the Apex and I tried them both, the challenger extreme is a good track but the Powder claw is simply the better deep snow track as well as more reliable. My challenger delaminated.

youll have to trim some stuff as mentioned or do a drop and roll. I have a 2.5 on with a dropped and rolled case. the 2.5" on a stock sled will usually hit the front cooler

Back