• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2.5'' track on BTX LE

Joshua

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Yamaha Sidewinder BTX LE 50TH
Has anybody installed a 2.5'' track on there BTX? If so do you like it?

Has anybody installed a 2.5'' track on there BTX? If so do you like it?
Yes I cut my 2.25 down to 1.75 for trails and I am running a 2.5 out west works great I just picked up a 2.8 track and it does fit with 1/4in of room at the right exchanger hose I'm going to notch the lugs for it but a camo ultra light 2.8 will fit!

Nice to know! Maybe going this route for my 18 BTX.
Is the swapping of track easy to do on a winder ?

Ok thanks. Another thing, do Yamaha or Cat offer there mountain ski in white?

Now that would be sweet! But I don't believe they do.

Nice to know! Maybe going this route for my 18 BTX.
Is the swapping of track easy to do on a winder ?
Track swaps aren't too bad just need a good strong set of snapring pliers and remember to rachet strap the tunnel together to get the snaprings back on. I just switched to my asphalt setup in about 4hours taking my time.

Yes, I do believe the pro climb 7 ski is available in white.

Are you sure the pro climb 7 ski is the same one Yamaha is using. Cats accessories catalog is saying that the pro climb 7 for the M series are from years 12-15.

Not sure, I know they make them in 2 different variations, wide and narrow saddle, both fit either trail or mountain spindle's, wider saddle has more adjustability width wise.

I think your right. Hopefully Yamaha will make them in white. Is saying that Yamaha needs to improve there accessories line up

What 2.5"-2.6" tracks would be a good fit for B-TX for both on and off trail?
Been looking at the Challenger Extreme which is 2.5" and the Talon M66 which is 2.6".
I'm sure there are Power Claw options as well.

Anyone have any experience with any of them? I just think the stock 2.25" power claw is too soft and doesnt really hook up well.

I have the 2.5 challenger extreme and it has nice stiff lugs I'm happy with it but only use it for of off trail riding. Can't give you a good trail report.

Back