• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2 more paper mills shutting down!

snobill

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 apex xtx
One in Duluth and one in rapids ,what a bunch of #*$&@!!!!! All because of the corona virus they say !!

This is going to suck for the whole Community!! I work for a company that sells products to the mills . They claim 1000 people out of work but it will effect twice that number. I sure it’s going to get worse before it gets better!

Are they hiring? I’m one of the 1000 and it sounds like I’m going to need a new job soon

Very sorry to hear this, we lost a mill about 3 months ago, a lot of jobs and spin off jobs plus local business contracts were lost that counted on the mill, local communities are hit the hardest.

Are they hiring? I’m one of the 1000 and it sounds like I’m going to need a new job soon

Sorry to hear That ! This Covid -19 has put a crunch on every business. If I were you I would look at ND Paper In Biron They seem to be going strong ....
Some say Domtar in Nekoosa is hiring . They have had tons of turn over there and the Mill Manager was let go. I'm hoping they keep it together . Every mill I've been in has there struggles right now. Pixel in Stevens point might be good place to work . Everyone I talk to there seems happy !

I'll keep my ears open and let you know .

part of why i still want paper recipts for all my bills.

Sorry to hear about this. Both towns in my Service Territory. Will definitely affect my customers as well.

Neither makes toilet paper, this investment banker owned mill has no idea how to run a mill and don’t want to change what we make. All investment bankers do is take all the money out and screw the people working there .

Back