• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2 Stroke 'Exhaust Valve System Malfunction' - 2022/2023 Yamaha Transporter Lite 400

hughdickerson

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2021, 2022, 2023 (2x)
Hello and good evening,

I have a brand new 2022/2023 Yamaha Transporter Lite 400 tripping a P1645 code which an Arctic Cat error code list says to be an "Exhaust Valve System Malfunction"

What could cause that in a brand new sled that has barely been driven? Thanks for your time!

if under warenty, get dealer to see it.

on older sled, i would pull the valve out and check for pull through and make sure it slid into the slot nice and freely. make note of what side faces up as it can be critical on re assembly.

might just be broken cable.

Cat was stupid for dropping Suzuki and losing out on the bulletproof 570 fan cooled motor. If Cat and Yamaha had half a brain they’d put the 540 fan in the Transporter Lite but they won‘t. They are too dumb to do something that makes sense. Why compete with the Polaris 550 on price when they’d rather sell way fewer 400cc sleds for ridiculously high prices.

i would be interested in a trail sled with the 540 motor.

The 540 leaf blower has always been stone cold reliable as long as you take care of it, and there’s obviously still a bit of a market for this type of sled in both light trail and utility trim.

Cat was stupid for dropping Suzuki and losing out on the bulletproof 570 fan cooled motor. If Cat and Yamaha had half a brain they’d put the 540 fan in the Transporter Lite but they won‘t. They are too dumb to do something that makes sense. Why compete with the Polaris 550 on price when they’d rather sell way fewer 400cc sleds for ridiculously high prices.
I would be first in line.

However, the MIJ stuff might be gone forever. We might never see another Yamaha fanner. (Sad face)