• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2 wins and a 3rd for Thunder Products Clutching this past weekend! 8/7/21

What does TP consider "cool?" I noticed you state keeping clutches cool. That means keeping belt cool too. I have an IR belt temp gage so I'm wondering what temps I should see on belt IF clutches are "cool?" How much difference is there for 290HP trail sled compared to the SW run in drag racing application as far as clutch temps?
Just curious. Thanks.
When I say cool, it means our clutches are barely luke warm, which would be right around 98°

The belt should take some of the heat. With that said, just over 100-120 would be about right. (if clutching is correct)

And I am talking about the drag racing that took place this year. Trail temps and off-trail temps are going to be way different from racing. Trail temps shouldn't be that far off from asphalt drag racing.....it's the off-trail that really puts the heat into clutches and belts.

Back