• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2001 Kodiak Ultramatic 400

Yammi Nut

I am having trouble adjusting my foot pedal it goes way to far beyond the foot rest it has a rear disk brake the service manual shows drum brake for adjustment. I have changed the rear caliper, Rear hydraulic brake unit and have bled the brakes still nothing there am I missing an adjustment I know the left hand brake moves the petal also. I cannot find any information how to adjust or set up the rear brake petal adjustment I don't know why the service manual shows drum brakes maybe disk was an option. Help hunting season coming!!

there should be an adjustment where the rod goes into the rear master cyl to set the travel. my wr has one there and my bro's grizzly 700. i do know that the old manual brake atv's traveled a lot even when set right.

Thank You Maim for responding I looked at the rod your referring to and it is adjustable. I bought a vacuum brake bleeder yesterday to make sure I bleed all the air out and then look at adjusting the rod . I sure am puzzled why nothing is shown in the service manual it just shows drum brakes adjustment for my Kodiak and I know it is all original disk brake from the factory. Thanks again

lol well the 05 bear in my sig has the drum rear and it is a pita to keep adjusted especially when guys used to the old 88-95 bears with the mechanical disc brake get on it. i never have any park brake on it as that was the one everyone uses. at least until i quit adjusting it.

Thanks for the info I have adjusted the rod and have more petal but still not great braking for the rear, just going to use the front for now and get back into it later. You are right about it being a pita but still like the machine allot. Sorry it took so long to respond lots of irons in the fire.

np. got a lot on the go as well.

Back