• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2003 RX1 Hanging idle?

Drewskie

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2003 Yamaha RX-1
I’ve recently come into having my 2003 RX1 with 87xx mile on it having an issue with “hanging idle”. I think anyways ... When I’m riding it I’ll let off the idle and it will stay at roughly 4000-5000 RPM after I touch the gas it will drop back down or it would finally loose throttle response. For shits and giggles I checked the TPS (reading 5.28ohms) and bypassed T.O.R.S. And ran it around the yard. As I expected it would stay at 5000-4000 RPM with out me touching the throttle and could go all day like that. I have recently cleaned the carbs and in October had it in for full service and also ended up having the valves reshimmed. So the only thing I havnt done is checked the sync on the carbs (just don’t have the tool for it). Any help is appreciated I read up on a bunch is stuff but maybe I’m missing something?

carb sync would not hurt. have you sprayed it on a stand with brake cleaner to check for vac leaks/bad boots by the carbs? i know they act funky if the o rings are not in place on the top of the cv slide on the carbs.

carb sync would not hurt. have you sprayed it on a stand with brake cleaner to check for vac leaks/bad boots by the carbs? i know they act funky if the o rings are not in place on the top of the cv slide on the carbs.

Ive given it light shots of ether and havnt found any leaks.

Back