• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2003 rx1 jackshaft bearings

striperpro

Does anybody know Napa part number for the jackshaft bearing near the speedometers sensor. I'm hearing some bearing noise coming from there and I'm miles from home but there's a Napa down the road from my motel road. It hasn't blown apart yet can I change this in the parking lot with out pulling it all apart. This rx1 is new to me and I love the power. :4STroke:

i dont think napa has that bearing. its a 6206k if memory is correct. the "k" is for tapered bore. used to only be able to get them from yamaha for over a hundred bucks, but now royal distributing sells a kit with all the jackshaft bearings and seals for about fourty bucks. grab your secondary and try to move it up/down to check the bearing. if its tight then pop the seal and fill with grease. its not really a parking lot job, better to drag it into the room.

It ended up being the bearing behind the secondary clutch. 150 yards to home and it blew apart. Limp it home will take bearing apart tomorrow. What's the number for this bearing sand can I change it with out taking chain case apart?

It ended up being the bearing behind the secondary clutch. 150 yards to home and it blew apart. Limp it home will take bearing apart tomorrow. What's the number for this bearing sand can I change it with out taking chain case apart?
Does anybody have this part #? The bearing behind the secondary? Thanks

sry. i usually buy the all balls kits and install all the bearings.

Does anybody have this part #? The bearing behind the secondary? Thanks
Yamaha#93306-20650-00 I would buy oem if it was me,the oem bearing will last a long time,about $35 also they had an upgraded collar to hold the bearing in but if your original collar is in good shape it could be reused ,have heard of people removing that bearing without pulling the chaincase apart but depending on your mechanical skills&tools it would be much easier to to take the case apart&pull &remove shaft assy,there is a write up in the faq section on how to replace

Yup chances are if your bearing blew apart your stuck trying to get outer race out of the frame, I did this with a dremel but be very careful, or somekind of slide hammer would work too

I used a slide hammer on mine. I am just doing this now, came across this thread looking for info. I am putting in a Apex skid and pre studded track.
IMG_20191129_163305541.jpg

Back