• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2003 rx1 seat upgrade needed

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha 2003 Rx1 mountain
Need seat upgrade for my rx1 03. I am to tall need seat for this next season. Can anyone help or suggest a product and contact info. I heard wrp is a good choice

in many cases just an 06 apex seat is enough for that sled I have a wrp seat on my apex and love it.

wrp is probably your best bet. brother has one on his 04 rx and prefered it to the apex gt seat he had before.

Travis at barnofparts sells them and he would also install the kit. I have one on my 07 attack, and I have an o6 vector mountain seat on my warrior. The wrp seat has the stiffest foam.

Just installed the wrp seat and it is real nice. Hight is good seat is comfortable. Not sure but i may need a bar riser.

Will the 2011 Apex seat foam and cover work on a 2003 RX1 seat frame? Just remove old foam and cover and install 2011 Apex foam and cover and staple? Seen it is possible, no mention of years, seems like the seat cover is the same 2006 to present.
:4STroke::yam:

Last edited:
The seat pan is not the same because of the exup. You could alter the seat foam. But I still believe there is still quite a bit of difference in the trunk and exhaust area.

The seat pan is not the same because of the exup. You could alter the seat foam. But I still believe there is still quite a bit of difference in the trunk and exhaust area.
Thanks, forgot about Exup. There is a guy selling cover and foam on CL for 100.00, thought a good price vs buying WRP

Back