• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2004 RX Warrior draining fuel tank

Dan50

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2004 Yamaha RX Warrior
Hi guys newbie here. I've got the repair manual, but can't find anything on the easiest way to drain the tank. Do I need to remove it to accomplish this? If so any instructions please? I've searched and found a couple threads on different sleds, is it as easy as removing seat then disconnecting a couple bolts, etc.? Thanks!

Yes it is that easy. Remove seat, disconnect fuel lines. It is easier to remove the handle bars,no need to disconnect any cables. you just need room too lift the tank shroud up so you can pull the tank out from under it. Remove the two bolts that hold the tank down. When you pull the tank out lift up the rear of the tank it is held in at the front by the frame loop.

Thanks for the quick reply Elton. Wanna get some older gas outta there before I store it.

You really only have to lift the rear of the sled up and sipone what you can out. There really isn't much left in after that.
After I sipone the gas out I just fill it with fresh stabilized gas.

Hi guys newbie here. I've got the repair manual, but can't find anything on the easiest way to drain the tank. Do I need to remove it to accomplish this? If so any instructions please? I've searched and found a couple threads on different sleds, is it as easy as removing seat then disconnecting a couple bolts, etc.? Thanks!
Have you tried siphoning the gas?

I use a squeeze primer, for an outboard motor, to siphon gas from my sleds every spring. Once it's flowing good, it will take care of itself.

Resized_20170320_192348.jpeg

Sorry, Elton. I think we posted about the same time.

Thank you gentlemen,

I do have a siphon and hose. I will give that a shot first, should be able to get most of it out that way.
Dan, fasten a rod to the hose so you can keep the suction end right in the bottom/corner of the tank.

20180314_173826.jpg

Back