• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2004 Warrior: upgraded to 136" mono

Front end is disassembled, cleaned up and new A-arm bulkhead bushing are installed. I pulled the relay arms loose from the bulkhead to check the bushings and re-grease everything...all looks good there! I am, however; replacing all tie rod ends in the front end, so a ski alignment will be in order once everything is buttoned up.

The factory ski's, spindles, aftermarket arms, torsion rod, etc are all getting replaced. Not sure if I want to re-use my Pilot 6.9's on this sled, or use the new set of USI Triple threat ski's I have on hand?

Stay tuned!

wr81.jpg
wr82.jpg
wr83.jpg

It's starting to look like a sled again! The right and left side is re-assembled and the Bulkhead saver is in place. I just need to install the new torsion bar, sway links and tie rods, then align the ski's.

For now, I've decided to put the stock ski's from my Apex on this sled. They've never even been on the snow yet! :D

wr84.jpg
wr85.jpg
wr86.jpg
wr87.jpg
wr88.jpg

Last edited:
Finally found time to align the track and skis's yesterday. I use a Yamaha specific tool that locks the relay arms in dead center for ski alignment (Yamaha # YS-01487). The outer side panels need installed and this sled will be ready for a rip......once my TY ID decal is on the windshield of course! ;)!

Here's some pics:
wr89.jpg
wr90.jpg
wr93.jpg
wr94.jpg
wr95.jpg
wr92.jpg

Excellent write up and build !!! Nice picture's . Would you have a write up on your Carb syncing rack and how to hook them up? I have had my Vectors done by the dealer but have never tried it my self.
I have ordered a carb syncing tool but the directions are not very informative.
Thanks Dan

Would you have a write up on your Carb syncing rack and how to hook them up? I have had my Vectors done by the dealer but have never tried it my self. I have ordered a carb syncing tool but the directions are not very informative.

I use a motion Pro sync tool on my 973 Vector and just did my first 4 cylinder a few weeks ago. Everyone has their own method, but I use a home made gas can to gravity feed fuel directly to the carbs. This allows me to unhook the vacuum lines to the fuel pumps and have all cylinders hooked to the gauge at once. The fuel can is also a great way to prime your carbs after the sled has been sitting all summer.

Here's a pretty cool video on how to use and correctly calibrate the sync tool before each use:

Hope this helps! ;)!

It's starting to look like a sled again! The right and left side is re-assembled and the Bulkhead saver is in place. I just need to install the new torsion bar, sway links and tie rods, then align the ski's.

For now, I've decided to put the stock ski's from my Apex on this sled. They've never even been on the snow yet! :D

View attachment 114043 View attachment 114044 View attachment 114045 View attachment 114046 View attachment 114047

Was that right bulkhead reworked? Looks like a lot of material between the ears.

Was that right bulkhead reworked?
It sure was! Everything lines up pretty good though. I'm going to run it this way for now, but I may consider swapping out the bulkhead during phase three. :D

Thanks for the help!!
I took a picture of a spare carb rack I have for reference. The 3 and 4 cylinder sled's have a master carb that you sync the remaining carbs to. There are sync screws (not the idle adjustment screw) in between each carb. I would recommend adjusting all the pilot screws equally before sync and make sure the sled is warmed up! I think you can use any of the vacuum ports to initially calibrate the meter, but I use the master carb vacuum port...just because. ;)!

3 cylinder:

1) sync #2 with #3
2) sync #1 with #3

4 cylinder:

1) sync #3 with #2
2) sync #4 with #2
3) sync #1 with #2

c2.jpg
c1.jpg

I took a picture of a spare carb rack I have for reference. The 3 and 4 cylinder sled's have a master carb that you sync the remaining carbs to. There are sync screws (not the idle adjustment screw) in between each carb. I would recommend adjusting all the pilot screws equally before sync and make sure the sled is warmed up! I think you can use any of the vacuum ports to initially calibrate the meter, but I use the master carb vacuum port...just because. ;)!

3 cylinder:

1) sync #2 with #3
2) sync #1 with #3

4 cylinder:

1) sync #3 with #2
2) sync #4 with #2
3) sync #1 with #2

View attachment 114513 View attachment 114514

I am so impressed with your thoroughness.. great job!!

Your write up makes me wish I did my own last winter. The shop I took it to only charged me like $20 so I didn't bother trying it. So I figured for that price I'd let them do it.

We received a skiff of snow and I finally got to try 'er out! All seems well and she pulls like a freight train! I also blew the dust off the Vmax4 and brand B!

I have one more thing I'm going to do before I get serious about riding this Warrior...stay tuned!

wr106.jpg
wr107.jpg
wr108.jpg

Back