• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2004 Warrior: upgraded to 136" mono

Redbeard

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Apex, 136 M20, PB80
2008 Vector, 136 M20, PB80
I picked up a 2004 Warrior for beating around the fields at home. I've never ridden one of these sled's, but all I've read is how bad the stock Proaction suspension is. I have a great shape 136" mono that came out of my 2008 Vector LTX, so I decided to perform surgery and transplant the mono into this sled.

In addition to the transplant, I'm installing copper donuts, all new front end bushings and removing the tunnel protectors.

Hibshman25 is shipping me some parts to make an easier job out of this transplant. I'll post pics of each step of the process as I progress. ;)!

PHASE ONE - THE REAR
wr1.jpg
wr2.jpg
wr3.jpg
wr4.jpg
wr5.jpg

Last edited:

With Travis's location plates skid install is piece of cake, just use good rivets

I decided to go through the entire exhaust while I had everything apart for the skid upgrade. The rivets that fasten the front exhaust hanger were completely pulled through the tunnel. I'll post pics of that fix when it's completed.

In the meantime, I chased all the threads in the exhaust clamps and have new hex head bolts for reassembly. I also decided that the front exhaust hanger will bolt in place verses rivets; I drilled out the holes, installed M6 x 1 bolts and lock nuts. I then tig welded the nuts in place.

Stay tuned!:Rockon:

ex1.jpg
ex2.jpg
ex3.jpg
ex4.jpg
ex5.jpg
ex6.jpg

Northern you do good work.
Here's a great improvement I did to my RX. SchmidtBros made this protype for me, he is making units for sale, no gaskets or clamps (slip fit) middle pipe is 2.5" oval like apsex exhaust and 2 piece real nice not fighting the 1 piece knuckle buster.
IMG_20151007_100315.jpg

Here's a great improvement...View attachment 111999
Yes, those look nice. However, my exhaust components couldn't be in better shape for a sled with almost 16,000 miles. There's no crack's, broken welds or anything! Just needs the front exhaust hanger area repaired, donuts and seals at the X pipe.

Would you believe I was able to remove every single bolt from the exhaust without stripping or breaking off?? Heat from a torch works miracles! ;)!

I received my 136" mono transplant kit from Barn of Parts last week - Thank you Travis!

Included:

1) New BOP specific plates for attaching the Mono front arm to the sled. These plates self-locate from existing rivet holes in the tunnel and already have the Mono front arm bolts holes punched in them. This will save a ton of time and fabrication...Nice!

2) New BOP specific tunnel idler shaft brackets. These bolt in place of the Proaction rear drop brackets once they're removed.

3) Used RX rear drop brackets that mount farther forward in the tunnel to accommodate the Mono. The rivet holes in these brackets match-up perfectly with pilot holes that already exist in the tunnel.

4) BOP specific key for adjusting the dampening on the mono shock.

All the BOP parts are powder coated...the way it should be!

wr15.jpg
wr8.jpg
wr10.jpg
wr7.jpg
wr6.jpg
wr11.jpg
wr18.jpg
wr13.jpg
wr19.jpg

Last edited:
I test fit the skid and tunnel idlers...all fits as it should! ;)!

wr21.jpg
wr20.jpg
wr22.jpg
wr9.jpg

Now I'm presented with another issue...stress cracks where the tunnel meets the bulkhead.
I have a remedy...stay tuned!:Rockon:

wr23.jpg
wr24.jpg

Nice write up and sled. I love seeing build threads on the older sleds.......maybe because thats all I have. Not sure what kind of snow you get around there but if like off trail riding and you can afford it put in a 1.75" back country track on. You won't regret it. I cant believe what my 136" 03 will go through.

That is coming out great. If I can get my wife to ride her own sled I'd like to do that to my Warrior so I can take out my 2 up suspension. The 2 up suspension does work much better when we ride together, but when I ride by myself I'd love to have a mono. Although I will say that when I do ride by myself this 2 up suspension is still better than the pro action that was in it. LOL

...put in a 1.75" back country track on. You won't regret it.
I've been having those thoughts! Last year, I picked up a same-as-new, fully clipped, 136" x 2" paddle track for $150. I didn't have a use for it at the time, but now I do; I already have the tunnel protectors out, a spare drive shaft and 8 tooth extroverts hanging on the wall...see where I'm going with this? ;)!

We'll see where I end up on time. If nothing else, it would only take 3 -4 hrs to swap out the Ripsaw for the paddle. This would be a great track for busting drifts at home, or the Kingston Plains in the UP!

:Rockon:

20151125_110612.jpg
20151125_110658.jpg
20151125_110718.jpg

That is coming out great. If I can get my wife to ride her own sled I'd like to do that to my Warrior so I can take out my 2 up suspension. The 2 up suspension does work much better when we ride together, but when I ride by myself I'd love to have a mono. Although I will say that when I do ride by myself this 2 up suspension is still better than the pro action that was in it. LOL
I almost sold my Mono, but I have a hard time letting go of anything sled related. It's a disease I've nurtured since childhood...LOL!

20151102_084040.jpg
20151002_122129.jpg
20151002_122122.jpg

Back