• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 RX-1 ER PARTS

Phazed Out

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
1984 John Deere Sprintfire 340 L/C
1984 Phazer 480
1988 Phazer 480
2000 Phazer 500
2004 RX Warrior
2005 RS RAGE
2005 RX-1 ER Limited Edition
2007 Apex ER
Hi all,
Dinged up my 2005 RX-1 ER last weekend. New right spindle on the way, need a new dash piece (8FA-77251-01) and the left and right ears to go with dash, and of course it broke the tabs off of the fairing piece (the colored trim piece around the headlights)! So i was wondering if anyone could tell me the correct fairing part number for the candy red color of this particular model? There looks to be 2 choices on the yamaha parts site. I was also informed i could just take the old piece to a paint store, or NAPA, and they could color match, and i could paint a replacement, if i don't get the color i need.

The other option is if anyone reading this has what I need (dash, RH and LH side plates, fairing) and would be willing to sell them, i would be much obliged.
Thanks in advance!

Hi all,
Dinged up my 2005 RX-1 ER last weekend. New right spindle on the way, need a new dash piece (8FA-77251-01) and the left and right ears to go with dash, and of course it broke the tabs off of the fairing piece (the colored trim piece around the headlights)! So i was wondering if anyone could tell me the correct fairing part number for the candy red color of this particular model? There looks to be 2 choices on the yamaha parts site. I was also informed i could just take the old piece to a paint store, or NAPA, and they could color match, and i could paint a replacement, if i don't get the color i need.

The other option is if anyone reading this has what I need (dash, RH and LH side plates, fairing) and would be willing to sell them, i would be much obliged.
Thanks in advance!
Look at Yamaha venture parts,same body.

Thanks,
So after some research, looks like DRMK means "DEEP RED METALLIC". And it is the most expensive and hardest to get, FYI.

We hit some pretty hard stuff riding the ditches, I might just make our own aluminum belly pans instead of looking for new side panels

Phased Out is referring to the dash side plates; not the side panels. Back when my RX-1 was my primary sled, I can't tell you how many times I've had to replace those pieces as the ole RX-1's do not like to be rolled over as the dash components are not able to withstand that amount of weight:

RX1.JPG

I would get a hold of Travis of Barn of Parts to see if he has these parts; maybe not the red fairing but possibly the others or of a fairing of a different color.

kimpex used to make all that stuff aftermarket in black. how we fixed my brothers rx after it did a prostate exam on a doo expidition.

Yes, Kimpex does still make them, and yes Rob, you are correct. Those are the little side "plates" i was referring to. Lots of little things to go shopping for after the good ol' boy rolls over for you.
I ended up picking up an '07 Apex with 2900 miles in case parts were hard to find (which they are, lots backordered!), so i think as long as i have it apart, i will replace all front bushings and take a look at the skid. I do have an '06 Apex skid in the RX-1 already.

Thanks, he did have the spindle, hard to find all the plastic parts and screws anywhere but an OEM.
Can anyone tell me why the bottom 2 front bulkhead bushings are larger diameter than the other 6 bulkhead bushings in an ‘05 Rx-1? I’m having a hard time seeing from the parts diagram if this is correct. Thanks

Never mind, bigger bolt on bottom I guess. For some reason, I’m missing 2 of the 18mm OD x 16mm ID Bulkhead bushings from my oilite kit. Does anyone know if I can order just those 2? Or do I need an entire kit?

The lower a-frame is steel and the upper A-frames are aluminum. You could call a few of the companies that have the kits a ask them.

how we fixed my brothers rx after it did a prostate exam on a doo expidition.

If you are going to post stuff like this I'm going to have to insist on pictures.

IMG_0263.JPG

took a scaling bar and another sled to get it out. carb rack was held on by bungee cord but drove back and onto the truck under its own power.

Wow, that’s impressive! I’m still black and blue on my backside from where I was body slammed on the railroad tracks by the RX, but it would just be wrong to show pictures of that.

The lower a-frame is steel and the upper A-frames are aluminum.
That’s why I love this forum. I would never have even thought about this until you said that.

Back