• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 Rx Warrior

Tito 18

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2005 Rx Warrior
I had the carbs cleaned and sinced by a dealer, I put it on the trailer drove 2 miles down the road, it started perfect.
We drove 2.5 hours to our destination and it started hard when cold plus 6 degrees, and it started hard when warm if left longer than 5-10 minutes. If less than 5 minutes it took a burp of the throttle it started right up. Any else have this issue?

throttle burp on warm start-up is normal for these sleds. my old 05 rx war still needs it on warm start up to this day otherwise it is a long crank to get it running when warm.

i also used to restrict the coolant line to the carb's with a chlothes pin as it would run better with no/less coolant flow in above 0 c conditions. always meant to put a valve on it just never had time.

throttle burp on warm start-up is normal for these sleds. my old 05 rx war still needs it on warm start up to this day otherwise it is a long crank to get it running when warm.

i also used to restrict the coolant line to the carb's with a chlothes pin as it would run better with no/less coolant flow in above 0 c conditions. always meant to put a valve on it just never had time.
Thanks for the info, I might get out one more time this year in northern NB. I will try burping it.

Back