• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 RX1 suspention

corey caron

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 rx1
Hello everyone im new here and also new to yamaha's. The problem i'm having and in hopes someone or everyone can help me with is the skid that was in my sled was shot beyond repaid the mono shock version. Well on another forum i was told that a 05 vectors skid would work well i bought the vector skid out of an 05 great shape. here is the problem the new skid bolts in 4 places just like my old sled so can i use the origenal front bolt holes and just drill and move rears? if not dose anyone please have the proper locations of where they should be prefer pics makes it easier. thank you so much..

It’s easier to reuse your old system (rails front shock)and just add the back part of your new skid you will still have to drill new holes on rails though did both my rx1 this way

The 05 vector mounting points are different. Vector front mounting point is much farther front in the tunnel. I would have some 05 front mounting plates here I could sell you. They should self locate. Once you have the front in place then you relocate the rears. I can do some more research and measuring to confirm if the rear drop plates need to be altered.

Sorry took so long to get back to you. But any help would be great from what I can see my old skid only sits about a half inch forward from the new one but I could be wrong

Back