• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 RX1 Won't Rev Up

John Quinn

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 RX1
I have a 2005 RX1 and it will not rev up. I rebuilt the carbs, put on new O-rings, needle and seats, readjusted, synchronized them, and still won't rev up unless you put on the choke a little bit and then it will rev up but it will backfire and sputter like it's out of time. I checked the timing chain, timing chain did not move. I checked the coils with an ohmeter, and bypassed the throttle switch. I have also done a compression test and that's good. I also checked the fuel pumps and put new fuel filters in. Also cleaned out jets thoroughly.

Any help would really be appreciated. I have taken this apart numerous times and cannot figure out what's going on and how to fix it. Wondering if this could be an electrical issue due to everything else I have done listed above?

As mentioned above, I cleaned the pilot jets thoroughly.

Thats what they all say and when you need choke to get it to move its usually the pilots. I have done them several times and they still run like crap. Tossed and bought new ones and back in business.

Back