• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 VECTOR TORS Help PLEASE HELP!!!

justducki

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha Vector
Hello and I have a 2005 Vector that keeps throwing a TORS 84 CODE. I have read the service manual backwards and forwards, called the YAMAHA dealer and I cannot figure out how to bypass the system. I am tired of it. I installed a tether kill switch but I cannot find the wires for the TORS. Dealer told me they were on the handlebars but no go. Sites have told me to look for the black and white wire on the handle bars or under the rubber dash mount -- huh- not there.

Does someone have a pic of what wire etc.. Dealer also said there are no wires on the carbs only on the throttle. I found the black and white one and tied them off only to get a thump warmer error.

Seriously can someone help!! I keep reading on posts how easy it is to find etc. etc. but no pics and I cannot find the wires on the carbs.. Again, dealer said they are not on the carb..

HELP PLEASE and thank you in advance.

The black and white plug has a single wire on it.. they are in the same batch of wires as the hand warmers. Replace the TPS and I think it also fixes the problem.

So a few things pop into mind, a couple already mentioned. The single wires going to your throttle switch in a steady-state should have an open when you test continuity. If you press the throttle the switch should close and continuity would be achieved. So starting should always have an open where throttle is not depressed. Secondly.. yes test that TPS sensor... a couple of resistance tests will tell you if its good or not. Thirdly, is the tip of your idle screw making contact with the metal piece that rotates your butterfly. I believe it needs to be touching but not 100% certain.

Did you try a 10mm wrench on the throttle cable to loosen it slightly. That fixes my 05 vector when tors acts up.?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back