• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 Yamaha Rage clutch quiet kit intsall

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 Yamha Rage
I just acquired a 2005 Rage rs with only 2600 miles and already hate the loud clutch noise. I ordered the Quiet Clutch kit and was wondering if I need to remove the clutch to install the kit or can I do it on the sled. Any help would be great.

It is easier with the clutch on the bench, but definitely can be done with the clutch on the sled. Just remember to rotate the clutch counter clockwise when rotating it. Also a white rag under the clutch to catch any falling pieces would be nice. However, all that being said, I would just get used to the clutch noise as it will return after awhile even with the Quiet Clutch Kit, and you can only really hear it at idle with your helmet off. The rear exiting exhaust puts all the engine noise to the rear, and you can hear all the other noises your engine/clutches make.

Nope, just back of the six bolts holding the clutch cover on evenly. Just a tiny amount of pressure from the clutch spring is present. Not sure if the clutch cover is balanced or not, I just put a mark on the cover and clutch post to make sure it goes on in the same position.

Must not be the quiet clutch job i know....
since primary need to be removed & separated. That is, a tied packing of the slider buttons.

Who sells quiet clutch kit? Is anyone using any other primary? .....posting for a friend who just bought an 05 vector today.

There's a really really, I mean really long thread on here somewhere about the 3-holer clutch rattle. The shim kit was Yamaha's bandaid at the time to look they they were taking the issue seriously. Most of the noise is not coming from the clutch but from play in the stub shaft to crankshaft fit. I believe the play is there for a reason but there's never been any official word about it. The rattle continues to this day on the Viper too so don't feel bad. Get some ear plugs.

Back