• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 yamaha venture no go? help

snowslammer

Extreme
i have a 2005 yamaha venture and it will not run on cylinder number one , here is what i have done, i dissasembeled carbs completly and dipped them in Barrymans carb dip for 1 hour then i boiled them for 20 mins blew carbspray through all jets and carb bodies and all pilot cavities then blew everything out with compressed air, still wont run on cylinder on mag side, compression 180 all across, tors bypassed, swapped coils, new pluggs, it has exellent fire jumps half inch on spark tester, carb boots removed and inspected, no cracks balanced carbs well atleast i tried dosent work to well cause of cylinder number one not running but they are as close as i could get, runs rough wont idel right and when i took carbs off the first time they were clean to begin with, still wony run on mag side, im losing my mind on this is there anything else i am missing? could it be a pluged exhaust? only thing i havent checked yet thanks for any help

It very well could be a mouse nest. Is the plug wet when you pull the plug to prove that it is getting fuel?

ya spark good with coil and and i even swapped them with a nytro yes there fuel on plug im baffeled

I would try new plug and well gaped.Sometimes a plug looks good and being wet does not fire under compression.I have seen this a few times with sleds and cars.also check coil resistance to compare all 3 only.They only have to be out a few ohms to work funny and again looks can be deceiving.
My two cents

Got it guys looks like exhaust cam jump a tooth Dang! only 1900 miles wtheck gusee i will be installing the upfated tentioner

Back