• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Apex mcx 290, stuttering

le700

Expert
I got to drive my Apex a bit last weekend. It worked well most of the time, but once it stuttered. Ususally it charges 0.9-1 barg. But once it stuttered/offloaded when it came to 0,4-0,5 barg. I drove it home slowly, pulled all panels and checked for loose hoses etc. I could not find anything wrong. Later the same day it worked perfectly again.
What could it be? Would be nice to get any tips /pointers.

If it happens again while down somewhere steep I won´t get home again without proper boost. So any tips may help get me home..

Do you have an AFR gauge on it? It could be stuttering because of being too rich AFR at that moment and that will not give 0.9-1.0 pressure

Without it you are just guessing.

ok, thanks. Have to check it then.

Found a thread on a norwegian forum, a guy with similar behaviour, and the fuel pump gone bad. But his was constantly not going over 0,4-0,5barg. Mine only did it a few times in the same trip, and were good next trip.

Last edited:
Fuel pump going bad would show lean AFR. I highly recommend installing a wideband AFR lambda meter.

Back